Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have an update on this exhaust system for everyone. After months of pushing and three rear section revisions this system is finally going into production. I am finishing up the final data collection today, but I wanted to let you all know that it has been approved for production. I will have my sales associate Seijin organize a group buy on this forum as soon as possible.

I also want to say thank you to everyone here that added there input on this project and gave me an idea of what direction to take this system in. I hope that I will be able to get more products pushed thru for this platform soon. Thanks again everyone.

more pics, pricing and sound clips will be posted to our website www.greddy.com soon.

-Aaron

Here is a shot of the final sample.

R&D Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Exhaust system

· Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Price? And sounds clips please.. Paired with stock DP, Catted DP, and Catless DP. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes please. I wish more companies did comparisons with stock, hi-flow, and catless downpipes.

· Registered
784 Posts
Hello All,

I have an update on this exhaust system for everyone. After months of pushing and three rear section revisions this system is finally going into production. I am finishing up the final data collection today, but I wanted to let you all know that it has been approved for production. I will have my sales associate Seijin organize a group buy on this forum as soon as possible.

I also want to say thank you to everyone here that added there input on this project and gave me an idea of what direction to take this system in. I hope that I will be able to get more products pushed thru for this platform soon. Thanks again everyone.

more pics, pricing and sound clips will be posted to our website GReddy soon.

-Aaron

Here is a shot of the final sample.

R&D View attachment 120289
Dem tips....some tail action that looks better/more finished than the Magnaflow beauties.
Final specs? All stainless I presume, 3" piping? Usual Greddy flawless fit and finish? Ballpark guesstimate on pricing?

· Registered
110 Posts
I would love to hear a sound bite!!

· Registered
222 Posts
OK I rushed this because I wanted to give you guys something before the weekend. Poor quality, but you get the idea. I would like to redo the video so start making your requests of what you'd like to see.

Edit: My camera really picks up the BPV sound. I do not have a BOV or green filter, and my air box cover is on.

First off, GReddy has been great to work with. Very professional, the quality of work is amazing, and they all seem to have a fun positive attitude.

The exhaust is noticeable on start up, but not loud by any means. It has a much lower deeper tone but it is a very clean sound without rasp and it remains that way throughout the RPM range. 3500-5000 RPM is definitely the sweet spot for both power and sound. On deceleration it has amazing, but subtle gurgle and popping. I LOVE this as its not obnoxious outside but still slightly audible inside the car. Cruising on the HWY at 70-80mph there is no drone in 6th gear. There are going to be some people that would say this exhaust drones, but if you know how to properly drive a manual transmission car and you are in the appropriate gear for your speed you should not have any drone. Driving around town I can make this exhaust what I want it to be and that makes me extremely happy. I can shift later and make some noise around me if I'd like or I can leisurely drive without being noticed. I'm picky when it comes to exhaust and I wouldn't want anything less or more.

· Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I actually really like how that sounds! What kind of downpipe was on the car in the video?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.