Ford Focus ST Forum banner

GReddy prototype exhaust for Focus ST

23K views 89 replies 45 participants last post by  tinman5 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. Thanks to all the positive feed back and support from this forum I am being given the green light to start the prototyping process for an exhaust system for the Focus ST. I do not have a timeline for you guy as of right now, but I will do my best to keep you all updated with any new information I can share. Thanks again for all the feed back and support.

-Aaron
R&D

#38 ·
It's been over a month.. any additions here? I'm about to pick up a Buschur exhaust if nothing is in the works, friends.

#40 ·
Some feedback I received from greddy was they have started developing a cat-back exhaust system for the Focus ST and hope to be able to release a finished product by the end of the year.

Reactions: SToXiCProD
#41 ·
I still have not purchased an exhaust... cant wait to hear more!

Tappin' away!

#42 ·
I really want the Greddy name on my car. If this exhaust looks good and sounds decent i will pick it up for sure when it comes out.

#43 ·
Check out the wrx and frs vids with the Greddy Supreme SP on youtube. That exhaust system is what they are developing for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#46 ·
That gurgle pop sound (Subbies) is not from the catback exhaust....

It's from the boxer engine configuration with an unequal length turbo manifold.
If you switch to an equal length manifold, that noise is minimal...so I can tell you now, it won't sound like that for our cars....as our cars utilize a single port turbo manifold.

I personally love the way our cars sound w/ a cbe. That subbie gurgle pop is annoying imo. The cops love it though. ;)

#48 ·
Lol.....wrong gurgle/growl/pop sound. The Subbies sound way different then that.

The Borla, catless sounds similar to an SRT4.

Look at Borlas exhaust set up compared to others.... 2.5" piping. ..No resonator. ..and a muffler. Run it catless downpipe - Sound achieved.

This can be said for probably any other exhaust system that is run catless WITHOUT a resonator and just a muffler.

I'm running the mbrp (3") with the mbrp catless downpipe and my car doesn't sound like that..... most likely do to the fact mbrp uses a muffler and a resonator in there exhaust system. If I were to remove the resonator only, my exhaust system would sound like that gurgling pop sound and be loud.

Like I first said, different sound on the subbies.

#49 ·
srt-4 sound horrible.

#50 ·
I hope its a dual-tip exhaust setup. AND 3" and not just some 2.5" monkey.

C'mon guys.. Been dealing with GReddy since 1996. I need to believe in you again!!

Reactions: Slow_Supra
#51 ·
LOL at thinking we will get "Subbie" sound from a CBE. Subaru's sound nasty and in my opinion. With the right exhaust setup, mine never got annoying. I love my old Legacy GT's sound effects. I also had a custom built, 40-off CBE from Stromung (+catless downpipe).

If we had a real exhaust manifold, I can 110% guarantee there would be an unequal length header already made for our cars to achieve DAT SUBBIE SOUND, BRO. Our cars sound good in their own way with the right setup (Borla, OCD+Chambered muffler, to mention).

#53 ·
i think alot of this subbie sound discussion is from my comment, and thats not what I was getting at. I just think greddy could come up with an exhaust that was similar to the borla and I guess how I described it made it seem like i love the sti sound..

becuz tapatalk

#57 ·
hmm, the same thing has happened on supraforums. Talk about exhaust development but disappear.

#58 ·
It said it was going to ready in November. Im waiting for the sound of this as well. If it sucks i guess i can always fall back on the MBRP.

#64 ·
Hey All,

I know its been a while since I have been on here, but I wanted to give you guys a quick update. First off I would like to apologize for how long it is taking to get this program rolling. I was hoping to have an exhaust for you all at this point , but I hope to be working on the new exhaust system by the end of next month or early March. Please bare with me as I try to get a physical sample put together. I will keep you all updated as I go.

-Aaron
R&D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.