Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
hmmm... this is worrying me. I havent had a chance to run a datalog yet, but I certainly will today. If my numbers look similar to yours I might order a CXR core and swap them out. 40* rise isnt much of an upgrade at all...

·
Registered
933 Posts
hmmm... this is worrying me. I havent had a chance to run a datalog yet, but I certainly will today. If my numbers look similar to yours I might order a CXR core and swap them out. 40* rise isnt much of an upgrade at all...
I'm curious to see your results if you do some logs. 40 degrees does seem kind of high in comparison to what other IC's are showing.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just did a couple runs on lunch. I'll post them up tonight when I get home and can actually load them on my computer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
So my datalogs look even worse. Apparently I started logging too late and didn't get it to log until 4k on number one and 3.5 on number two. But if I am reading this log correctly then I was already 30* above ambient at that point. Temps went up by 20* more by redline and didn't come back down much after I eased off and that makes a 50* rise. Log number two was worse. 30* up by 3500 and almost 60* over by 6000. That's barely an upgrade over the stock IC. And if both of us are getting results like this then I think its probably the IC and not a mistake in the setup. CXR here I come.

View attachment datalog1.pdf
View attachment datalog2.pdf

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
dang it...looks like I will probably be taking the cxr route too..wish I could have gotten this info out sooner to you rockstarperformance, but I couldn't really tell how well it worked because of the freezing/below freezing temps here the last few months. I guess that's the downside of installing an intercooler in the winter. still waiting on responses from other people here on the forum. hopefully they can give us some advice. Im gonna run stage 1 just to be safe until I install something else.

·
Registered
755 Posts
No worries, its what happens when you try out a new setup. Now other people will know not to go this route. At least we know the CXR is inexpensive and effective so we dont have to shell out a ton to get out of this situation. I ordered mine yesterday afternoon so hopefully I can run an IC that works soon lol.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So, catching up to speed, the greddy core is looking sour in comparison? Has anybody seen oddly high temps with the CXR? I sub'd to that thread and don't remember any out of the ordinary numbers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
So, catching up to speed, the greddy core is looking sour in comparison? Has anybody seen oddly high temps with the CXR? I sub'd to that thread and don't remember any out of the ordinary numbers.
Yes, the GReddy core is looking like a bust. I would prefer at least one more set of data from another person before officially concluding as much, but after both of us came up with bad numbers I dont think anyone else will try it. No one has had any issues with the CXR that I know of, seems as though it performs similarly to the Cobb. When mine gets here I'll post up datalogs with the CXR for comparison on the same car.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes, the GReddy core is looking like a bust. I would prefer at least one more set of data from another person before officially concluding as much, but after both of us came up with bad numbers I dont think anyone else will try it. No one has had any issues with the CXR that I know of, seems as though it performs similarly to the Cobb. When mine gets here I'll post up datalogs with the CXR for comparison on the same car.
I should have my Panda Motor Works core installed in a few weeks and I'll also post up some logs. From results already posted it seems to raise CAT's about 15-20 degrees while under full load. While not the best results when compared to some of the other IC's it is definitely a major improvement over stock and an acceptable increase. At $460 it is also one of the lower priced ready-to-bolt-on solutions with no drilling required.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Well, its only a bit more than I paid for my Greddy set up, and cools significantly better so I would say its a good deal. Plus, welded elbows and all that. Fortunately for us all, this wasnt the only reasonably priced option.

Oh, and it will be 3-4 weeks until the CXR gets here. Guess I'm stuck with the GReddy until then...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well, its only a bit more than I paid for my Greddy set up, and cools significantly better so I would say its a good deal. Plus, welded elbows and all that. Fortunately for us all, this wasnt the only reasonably priced option.

Oh, and it will be 3-4 weeks until the CXR gets here. Guess I'm stuck with the GReddy until then...
It's a shame the Greddy didn't work out better for you. The CXR seems to cool very well based on what other's have posted. It seems to do as well as the Cobb which is twice the price of the new CXR kit.

·
Registered
755 Posts
It's a shame the Greddy didn't work out better for you. The CXR seems to cool very well based on what other's have posted. It seems to do as well as the Cobb which is twice the price of the new CXR kit.
Exactly. I was very close to going with it in the first place, but I like GReddy and thought it would be at least a somewhat similar performer. I was wrong, but at least now no one else will make the same mistake.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah, I ordered it about a week ago. They are on backorder though, CXR recalled them because of a bad batch. They said 3-4 weeks last thursday so probably another 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the quality issue was fixed, but even the defective cores were only showing about 15-20* CAT rises.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Got my core in the mail today, probably wont get it installed until the weekend...not even sure about then though..... I just wanna go back to stage 2 maps!!!:crying: Ive been running stage 1 the past few weeks just to be safe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just installed the same intercooler on mine.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Getting ready to do an install this weekend (hopefully.) The one thing I'm not clear on is your MAP sensor into the ATP elbow. For those who aren't using the teflon tape method, are they still using the OEM o-ring, or are they ditching it in favor for some type of gasket between the sensor and the ATP elbow (or perhaps even black gasket-maker) ?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts