Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST, big turbo, built motor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I am finally getting around to making my cars build page.
I've had my ST since October 25 2019. Like many others on this forum the plan was to keep it stock. This did not last long at all. I first got the bug to buy an exhaust. Not liking how many sounded i purchased a Milltek sport catback in March of 2020. At the same time I purchased a Boomba sound symposer delete. These two mods help me out until I got the bug again. The next set of mods happened later in 2020, not exactly sure of when. It was the CPE cold air intake, Steeda FMIC, and CPE RMM. all the mods were helped with the Stratified flash tune. During this time I also purchased the R716 Option Lab wheels 9.5 wide along with 255 35 R18 Firestone Indy 500.

All of these mods kept me happy until the beginning of 2021. This is when i said "This thing is slow". So i did the only reasonable thing anyone should do. Buy a SP63 Built motor, the stage 2, 2.0L along with the GTX3071R gen 2. The other mods purchased at this time were Stratified 4-Port AUX fuel, Stratified Guardian Angel, CPE cold and hot side charge pipes, catless downpipes, and a ACT 6 puck clutch with a lightweight flywheel.

After purchasing the motor, I finally got it in June of 2021, and got it switched out in 4 days. For the first time doing anything like it, was not that bad. Started turning with Stratified, very slow progress with the tune. a new revision every week or so. Usually longer. The tune felt nice but the turn around time was god awful.

In November 2021 I chose to do a dyno day and got to 500whp, and was happy with the power for a little amount of time. Eventualy after driving around my internal wastegate arm decided it wanted to bend, Honestly i have no idea what happened to it, so i went EWG and welded the IWG shut,

After continuing having issues with the turbo, I went G30-660 .61ar. The turbo I should have gone with to begin with. I am thinking I will get tuned with JST, hoping for around 550whp. and reving it out to 7600ish RPM.

These are the performance mods I have done

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Onto the other mods, one of my hobbies now after this car is detailing, started with ceramic coating, and polishing my car. spring of 2021 i spent upwards of 50 hours cleaning my car and making it beautiful. wheels came off and they got coated as well.

My Shifter started as stock, then i got the Steeda short shift plate, it was nice for a while, but i wanted more. So i went too far and purchased the CoolerWorx short shifter. Holy Moly its crazy, this shifts feel so nice, but it is a pain to put it in, and you have to remove any other shifter mods. I did not and the shifts were too short, like a quarter inch between first and second gear. I removed the shift plate and it felt nicer.

With the suspension I wanted to stay stock suspension because i live in Michigan and our roads are crappy, but 3 of my struts blew out so i went all out and got whiteline sway bars and endlinks in the tightest slot along with fortune auto 500 coils. I have not been out to "Mexico" so I cant say how the car handles but it is a lot stiffer.

The only chassis mod I have is front strut bar, I think its a TB bar. Its quite nice.

Misc mods
Zencarbonfiber carbon steering wheel, along with his mirror caps, cheap amazon sequential turn signals. Euro cupholder, Boomba wing riser, velosatech snorkel

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now onto the custom mods that I did. The first one i made was a functional front splitter. Started off with 1/2 inch plywood, covered in fiberglass, and chassis mounted. its strong enough I can stand on it. So i called that good. Onto the next one I made side skirts and mounted them to stock ones with like 10 bolts each.
Then i made a rear diffuser that i want to remake along with a flat bottom. The rear diffuser sits at the rear subframe and blocks all air going to the rear bumper. Made from fiberglass, and honestly does not look the nicest but it works.
Onto the one mod that i am the proudest of. I 3D molded in NX a air duct from the opening in the front bumper to the intercooler, and 3d printed. It took a few tries but eventually got it fitting nice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
  • Power Mods
    • SP63 Built Motor
    • GTX 3071R gen 2
    • CPE cold and hot charge pipes with Tial BOV
    • Steeda Intercooler
    • CPE cold air intake
    • Stratified 4-Port AUX fuel
    • Stratified Guardian Angel
    • NGK Ruthenium HX spark plug 95605
      • Gapped to .022
  • Exhaust
    • TB Performance Catless Downpipe
    • Milltek Sport Non-Resonated Catback
    • Turbosmart CompGate 40
      • 19psi spring combo
    • 3P EWG dump tube
  • Interior Mods
    • ZenCarbonFiber steering wheel
    • Euro Cupholder
    • Proclip Phone mount
    • Proclip Accessport mount
    • Guardian angel red led routed in stock gauge cluster
    • CoolerWorx Short Shifter
    • Weather Tech floor mats
    • Killmat sound deadening applied to full floor under carpet
  • Aerodynamic Mods
    • Custom Chassis mounted Front splitter
    • Custom Side Skirts
    • FSPE skid plate
    • Custom rear diffuser
    • Boomba wing risers
  • Cosmetic Exterior mods
    • Full polish and ceramic coating done by myself
    • ZenCarbonFiber mirror caps
    • Velosatech air snorkel
  • Wheels
    • Option Lab R716 9.5 wide
      • Firestone Indy 500 Firehawk 255 35 R18
    • Stock "premium" wheels
      • 235/40R-18 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS90 XL
  • Brakes
    • Stoptech slotted Rotors front and rear
    • EBC YellowStuff pads front and rear
  • Chassis
    • TB Performance Font strut bar
  • Mounts
    • CPE rear motor mount
    • Damond Motorsport Transmission mount
    • Damond Motorsport Passenger motor mount
  • Catch Cans
    • Damond Motorsport catch cans both of them
  • Driveline
    • ACT 6 Puck Clutch with light weight flywheel
  • Suspension
    • Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers
      • 7k front Swift springs
      • 6k rear Swift springs
    • Whiteline Front and rear sway bar
    • Whiteline adjustable endlinks front and rear
  • Exterior Lighting
    • Cheap amazon sequential turn signals
    • D3S: OSRAM XENARC 66340 NIGHT BREAKER LASER
    • H8: MORIMOTO 2STROKE 3.0
    • Spec-D tailllights

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update.
Decided to go with a G30-660 with a .61ar instead of the GTX3071r gen 2. So far with just starting the tuning process it feels so much nicer. Boost comes on faster, and it does not feel like it is running out of steam at all.

To go with this new turbo I went with the michael_st elbow with the external wastegate. Feels a lot nicer with the port matched exhaust side. My cylinder head will not crack. In comparison to the atp elbow.

The external wastegate I went with was a turbo smart compgate 40. The spring combination is at 17lbs right now.

Now I did switch tuners. I went from stratified to jst. I do enjoy the fact that I can get more than one revision a week. Nothing was really wrong with the Stratified tune, just took a long time to get a response from my tuner.

My tune took like 5 months to finish with them. Not bashing stratified just personal issues with how long it takes.

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
Update.
Decided to go with a G30-660 with a .61ar instead of the GTX3071r gen 2. So far with just starting the tuning process it feels so much nicer. Boost comes on faster, and it does not feel like it is running out of steam at all.

To go with this new turbo I went with the michael_st elbow with the external wastegate. Feels a lot nicer with the port matched exhaust side. My cylinder head will not crack. In comparison to the atp elbow.

The external wastegate I went with was a turbo smart compgate 40. The spring combination is at 17lbs right now.

Now I did switch tuners. I went from stratified to jst. I do enjoy the fact that I can get more than one revision a week. Nothing was really wrong with the Stratified tune, just took a long time to get a response from my tuner.

My tune took like 5 months to finish with them. Not bashing stratified just personal issues with how long it takes.
Having Tim @MonsterTuned do my 2860r gen2; in a week and a half and about 18 logs we are finishing up on the 9th revision. Just about done. Sometimes got 2 or 3 revisions in a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts