Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally decided to start a build thread since I have had the car over a year now!
After almost 50,000 miles, Dorie and I have become quite close.

I just recently became sponsored by Rebel Devil Customs out of Noblesville, IN!

Power: 268 hp / 353 tq (stage 2 before DP was installed)
10422058_10152903731457578_8096777640443544201_n.jpg

Feel free to inquire if you have any questions about the mods listed below:

Performance:
Cobb AP V3 - Stage 3 93 Octane
Cobb intake
Cobb RMM, JBR 70A PSMM, JBR 70A TMM/DSMM
JBR oil catch can
Turbosmart Kompact dual port BOV V2
Denso ITV22 plugs
Breedt intake runner spacer
Breedt symposer delete
Panda Motorworks Treadstone Intercooler
RDC 3" catback
Depo Racing catted downpipe
Stoptech slotted rotors (frankenbrake rear)
Hawk HPS pads
HEL stainless braided lines

Interior:
Steeda short shifter and bracket
JBR shifter bushings
Boomba shifter bracket bushings
WC Lathe Werks SS shift knob
Sparco aluminum dead pedal
Yellow contrast stitching on center console
Mountune shift boot
LED cargo area bulbs

Exterior:
18X8 Konig Oversteers Opal
20% tint
Rally Armor UR mudflaps
PIAA yellow fogs
Redline hood struts
3rd brake light flash module
LED reverse bulbs
Tinted rear lights

Here are some pictures to show all the current updates. I am not a professional photographer, nor do I own anything better than an iPhone unfortunately!

1264353_10151966339257578_1922019710_o.jpg 1294410_10151996337852578_825198659_o.jpg 1398313_10151996337872578_712825631_o.jpg 10273334_10152447805722578_7801163829848906739_o.jpg 1796048_10152262404862578_27470908_o.jpg

Winter mode!

1400401_10152075316477578_507479025_o.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like yellow on blue! Who did your muffler delete and how much? Also, pretty sure I lived in that neighborhood for a couple years lol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like yellow on blue! Who did your muffler delete and how much? Also, pretty sure I lived in that neighborhood for a couple years lol
Thanks! Muffler delete was by a muffler shop in Florence, KY called Ryan's Muffler. They did good work for real cheap. It was $150 out the door. I was in Cincinnati for school so that's why I went there. I live in Plainfield, IN now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Then that was you I saw Monday on stafford. So is the exhaust exiting through the tips or the pipe? I'm on a budget til after the wedding so im looking for muffler delete and bov till then. You thinking about dipping the wheels yellow or is that to much? Lol

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Then that was you I saw Monday on stafford. So is the exhaust exiting through the tips or the pipe? I'm on a budget til after the wedding so im looking for muffler delete and bov till then. You thinking about dipping the wheels yellow or is that to much? Lol
short answer tips, the J looking device is a resonator to help control (done properly completely eliminate) drone
Engineering Acoustics/Noise control with self-tuning Helmholtz resonators - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
short answer tips, the J looking device is a resonator to help control (done properly completely eliminate) drone
Engineering Acoustics/Noise control with self-tuning Helmholtz resonators - Wikibooks, open books for an open world
What he said^

The end of that tube has a piece of sheet welded onto it. It does a decent job, I usually don't get any drone except between 65-70 there is a small amount.
What's really interesting is when the temperature changes the frequency and dB levels will change slightly bc of the physics of the Helmholtz resonator. I mean its almost barely noticeable, but on really cold days there is a little more drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to do gunmetal wheels at some point. Still can't decide on the cost effectiveness of powder vs. just buying aftermarket wheels. I will probably buy new wheels bc the powder coating is turning out to be near $400.
I would rather put that money and w/e I can get for my stock rims (~$400 hopefully) toward a new set.

I don't know how soon it will be, but I have plans to upgrade my entire catback exhaust this spring/summer. I plan to cut out my muffler delete and resell it to someone like you. This would allow whoever buys it to just bring it in to a muffler shop, have them cut off the stock one and just do 1 quick and easy weld to connect it to the point where the stock one is cut off.
Maybe you would want to wait a few months and I can keep you updated..??

I am also getting married, May 24th! Congrats!
I am also on a budget! hahaha

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I want to do gunmetal wheels at some point. Still can't decide on the cost effectiveness of powder vs. just buying aftermarket wheels. I will probably buy new wheels bc the powder coating is turning out to be near $400.
I would rather put that money and w/e I can get for my stock rims (~$400 hopefully) toward a new set.

I don't know how soon it will be, but I have plans to upgrade my entire catback exhaust this spring/summer. I plan to cut out my muffler delete and resell it to someone like you. This would allow whoever buys it to just bring it in to a muffler shop, have them cut off the stock one and just do 1 quick and easy weld to connect it to the point where the stock one is cut off.
Maybe you would want to wait a few months and I can keep you updated..??

I am also getting married, May 24th! Congrats!
I am also on a budget! hahaha
Yeah if you're getting married in may you are on her budget not "a" budget get used to it buddy

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered some Denso ITV22's off Rockauto this weekend. Should be here sometime this week.
I actually would have spent $31 shipped, if I hadn't also bought plugs for my fiance's VW Jetta SE.
Those were almost $10 a piece for the non-crap brand (NGK)! x5 so it was more like $85 shipped.

I have intentions to start ordering a few more things in the near future:

JBR PSMM and trans mount
Breedt intake runner
Rebel Devil Customs 3" catback (I should be part of the development/testing)

A little further out I need to make a decision on wheels (powder or aftermarket).
Also need a catted downpipe and intercooler, probably Cobb or a good deal on another brand.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Getting muffler chopped this weekend. Getting intake and bov too. Did you go through rebel? His prices seem pretty good. I would go after market on wheels. I wish I had the black and silver wheels I see on some titaniums or the gunmetal ones.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Getting muffler chopped this weekend. Getting intake and bov too. Did you go through rebel? His prices seem pretty good. I would go after market on wheels. I wish I had the black and silver wheels I see on some titaniums or the gunmetal ones.
Nice! Ya RDC is a great place to get that stuff. If you PM him, he will be happy to help you out. Mike is a great guy who I have talked to numerous times at the local cars and coffee.

I seriously am thrilled with the muffler delete. If u are easy on the throttle u won't even be able to notice it's gone. But 2750 rpm and above is a great sound. It's the best way to go as an early mod before you want to go big with a catback.

I want gunmetal. No matter what style wheel. Just need to figure it out this summer.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my car is at the dealer again. This time the rear driver side window wont work, and the door won't unlock or open occasionally. Supposedly it could be a module in the door that needs replaced.
I'm am not excited that my warranty will be up in like 8k miles.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is how the lens tint turned out. I think it looks pretty good. Almost glossy enough to look stock after some wet sanding and polishing.

I was going for subtle. Hate blacked out tail lights, just wanted them to not be so intensely red.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Used Breedt intake runner spacer purchased, hopefully to be here and installed next week!

The 1 step colder plugs seem to be working well! No issues with idle or extremely cold starts.
I installed the V201 stage 1 tune this morning and will hopefully be good to go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Greg whats up,

It's Chris from Cars and Coffee, we see each other every now and again(Im the one with gold painted wheel letters).

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting married. Gretchen and I will be getting married almost exactly a month after you two on June 27.

Anyways, I did some photoshopping on my car and wanted you to have a look. Unfortunately I am going to have to wait until next year due to the wedding kicking my ass this year.

Have a look,

RevisedST.jpg

1 - 20 of 108 Posts