Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
If someone's got the smoked ones on a race red I'd like to see that. Worried that it would clash too much. Thinking the red ones would be a safer bet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE my Spec D smoke tail lights. That light bar is addicting!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I took a quick pic of my tail lights during the day for you guys.

IMG_20171224_153950998.jpg

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Do these have built in reverse lights then? From what i remember on the earlier models, they reused your oem bulbs
@rambleon84 I see that no one ever answered your question. Yes, these have LED reverse lights built in. You absolutely DO NOT need to re-use your OEM bulbs.

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are these plug and play? I tried installing LED bulbs before but they couldn't change brightness with the brakes and apparently required a setting to be changed in the car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are these plug and play? I tried installing LED bulbs before but they couldn't change brightness with the brakes and apparently required a setting to be changed in the car.
Completely plug and play. Only thing is its a bit tough to get the new lights mounted up due to the little pigtail that they come with.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
https://imgur.com/a/r32uy

Got the ebay ones, got here in 3 days, came earlier than the email indicated which was cool.

I don't have any outside shots yet, as the car is dirty and its raining, but I can add some later if anyone wants.

Figured this would be a group that would like the post, enjoy
Those look so freakin good. Great choice OP and thanks for the pics. I have MM as well and I can’t stand the giant red tail lights. These are now at the top of my list for exterior mods. Please keep us updated if they leak or have any other issues in the future.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just in case anyone wants to know what the ebay LED tail lights look for the 2013 model (non-smoked)

They just got back in stock a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they're still in stock.

Reactions: BCE22

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone have the smoked on Tuxedo Black?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Those look so freakin good. Great choice OP and thanks for the pics. I have MM as well and I can’t stand the giant red tail lights. These are now at the top of my list for exterior mods. Please keep us updated if they leak or have any other issues in the future.
Still no problems, I've noticed that they hold dirt way less than the old ones, they seem to stay 10x cleaner than the rest of the back of the car

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish the 13-14 smoked taillights ever worked out, I've tried three different sets and have had to return them all because one or both lights didnt fit flush

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update:

Left taillight has gone partially bad.

When I hit the brakes, there is a strip of LEDs right in the middle of the tail light that come on bright. Well on the left side, it seems like the LEDs are only turning half on, they still turn on, but not bright enough to see if you are more than a foot from the car.

Since it's all one molded piece I don't think I'll be able to fix it, and I won't be buying a whole other pair. Guess I'll just have to have a wonky left light until I sell the car. Luckily I kept the stock lights so I can swap them back on before I sell it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on mine. My passenger side brake light isn't working. Everything else works fine except every now and then my left side blinker flashes fast like a bulb is out. It doesn't happen to often. I switched to my OE tail lights.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts