Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live on a busy road and I was waiting to pull into my driveway. The guy behind me must not have been paying attention and hit me going like 35. I'm not sure if it's totaled any opinions? If it's not I can't decide if I should keep the St or sell it after it's fixed. Anything I should look out for after the repair? Thank you for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Id say if the damage didn't make its way to the suspension components then its potentially not a total loss, if it did than it probably totalled. The biggest thing i would worry about if it is fixable is just that all the suspension is lined up properly.

Reactions: Carrier

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to clarify. I did call insurance and filed a claim. The guy was cooperative and waited for police and both our cars were towed. I'm not sure if I would get another St if it is totaled

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Just to clarify. I did call insurance and filed a claim. The guy was cooperative and waited for police and both our cars were towed. I'm not sure if I would get another St if it is totaled
Hope you filed a claim with his insurance, yours shouldn’t pay anything. Usually if you speak to his insurance first, they will call him and ask if it’s true, and he’s less likely to lie if they already have your side of the story. Hope for the best, expect the worst, best of luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am going to say it will be a total loss. That has rear quarter, bumper cover, under bumper/trunk pan damage. Plus smaller stuff like the tail light and hatch. Good luck with the process. Remember it was not your fault so do not accept the number they want to pay you for it unless you believe it is a fair price.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Not as bad as mine but should still be totaled I would think..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. What do you guys think a fair amount would be if it's a total loss? It's a 2014 with 23000 miles and the only option was a sunroof and was in great condition prior to this. I'm outside of Philly if that matters.

And to clarify, I filed the claim to my insurance, then my insurance goes and contacts the other insurance company and makes them pay for the damages. I guess this may be unique to the insurance world

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If the side airbags activated then it likely is a loss.

With quarter panel damage that's hard to say, looks like he missed the suspension as the wheel isn't bent/broken/tire still inflated

I dunno, buy a cheap Focus SE Hatchback and swap everything that isn't broken over and upgrade where necessary if it's a total loss.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It'll never be the same. Probably be some type of squeaking or rattle that'll develop. Or a slight air leak from the hatch not sealing as good as it used to.

Get it fixed. Sell off some of the stock parts. Turn it into a track car.

Or sell it and get a Mustang.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Your car is totaled. Read my thread from a few weeks ago:

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-photo-videos/129442-prognosis-please.html

On the ground they estimated around $7~8k damage. Up on a lift it ballooned to almost $18k. Your damage looks worse than mine. I got hit at a similar speed, right near home like you.

I'm shopping for another ST!

Edit: Re-read Tyler's post. Good point about the suspension. I had to pick up the rear left spring out of the middle of the intersection. Yours might not be as damaged as mine in that respect.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the replies. What do you guys think a fair amount would be if it's a total loss? It's a 2014 with 23000 miles and the only option was a sunroof and was in great condition prior to this. I'm outside of Philly if that matters.

And to clarify, I filed the claim to my insurance, then my insurance goes and contacts the other insurance company and makes them pay for the damages. I guess this may be unique to the insurance world
Mine was a 2014 ST1 with 15k miles, in excellent condition. Stripped, no options.

They gave me $19,850-ish for it. Yes, you read that right. :smile: I paid $20k three years earlier (plus TT&T). I'm in PA as well (near Reading), and the company that his insurance dealt with averages prices throughout PA with local prices to arrive at a "fair" value. I was giddy.

I suspect that I wouldn't have gotten much more if it had been an ST2 or ST3, so I'm glad I went with the base model.

·
Registered
207 Posts

that's how good insurance works .....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts