Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They fit perfect, combination of the 19” wheel and less rubber on the tire makes each wheel/tire feel lighter than the stock snowflakes, car feels better on the road too with this soft tires. Love them

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
They fit perfect, combination of the 19” wheel and less rubber on the tire makes each wheel/tire lighter than the stock snowflakes, car feels better on the road too with this soft tires. Love them
What makes you think it weighs less?

From what I've read, the regular 19" RS wheel weighs anywhere from 27-29 lbs (example: Factory wheel weight of the 19" base and 19" premium FoRS wheels? - Page 2 ) , whereas the 18" ST Snowflake weighs 25 lbs. And the 235/35/19 is typically the same weight as the 235/40/18 when comparing the same tire brand (example: Look at the specs tab for both sizes, and they are both listed at 23 lbs: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9PSSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes )

I'm sure it feels more responsive due to the stiffer and shorter sidewall. As long as you like the look and the way it feels, then be happy with that. But in no way did you end up with a lighter set up.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What makes you think it weighs less?

From what I've read, the regular 19" RS wheel weighs anywhere from 27-29 lbs (example: Factory wheel weight of the 19" base and 19" premium FoRS wheels? - Page 2 ) , whereas the 18" ST Snowflake weighs 25 lbs. And the 235/35/19 is typically the same weight as the 235/40/18 when comparing the same tire brand (example: Look at the specs tab for both sizes, and they are both listed at 23 lbs: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9PSSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes )

I'm sure it feels more responsive due to the stiffer and shorter sidewall. As long as you like the look and the way it feels, then be happy with that. But in no way did you end up with a lighter set up.
You might be right, I will be off tomorrow so Im going to weight my 19”s with the tires on, so far the stock snowflakes with continental sure contact tires weights 47.2lbs" on my scale ............ When I removed the 18’s and was moving them around to put the 19”s the 19”s felt much lighter on my hand than the 18’s , my cousin said the same thing....... with these new tires you can barely hear the road and bumps are less noticable, compared to the continental sure contacts, the car pulls harder and spins more tire with the 19”s , which is weird.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Good looking wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts