Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, arrived today. Still in my hatch haven?t even opened it yet. Sadly it won?t go in until next weekend. Cause I?m car stupid and need my mechanic friend. When it?s in, I?ll give a full review.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You’ll be happy with it! Got mine last week and installed it in about 1.5-2 hrs. Very happy with it, haven’t seen charge temps over 10 degrees ambient temp. But yes like everyone else says, get t bolt clamps! I got mine at oriellys. $3.99 each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
I spaced the T bolt clamps until the day of install and couldn't find any local so I picked up napa's constant torque clamps. They are heavy duty and work fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
well poop, just picked this up after work last night. got it out and inspected everything but have to work tomorrow and then am gone to mexico for two weeks! just going to have to sit there until I get back :(

Auto part

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
903 Posts
How many of you upgraded the charge pipes? Or just the intercooler?

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I installed "The Beast" today. Pretty simple and straight forward. Only thing I needed was some nuts and lock washers for the M6 bolt that holds the intercooler on. I might add, my fat fingers gave me hell trying to get the washer and nuts on to the bolt. It took me about 3 hours with a break to the local parts house and I swear getting the nuts/washers on the bolts and tightened took about 40 minutes. All in all its a really simple bolt on.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mitsubishi pajero Family car
Bumper Grass Automotive exterior Lawn Plastic
Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Auto part

·
Registered
505 Posts
How many of you upgraded the charge pipes? Or just the intercooler?

No need to upgrade the charge pipes.

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
505 Posts
You'll like it. I did it by myself in about 2 hours. Used a video on youtube since it was my first time doing a fmic. It does a killer job
YouTube is the best invention of the century. If you need to do it it's already been done and it's on YouTube.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I used 1/4" carriage bolts to mount mine. I used a grinding wheel to create a flat side that fit against the intercooler side and it made installation a breeze. No need to finagle a tool in there. Just pop it in and hold it with your finger while tightening the nut. It made me feel very smart.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts