Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the local dealer had a left over 2017 base model and we worked out a deal since Ford had a $3.5k incentive. I considered a Fiesta but I'm a pretty big guy and I thought the Focus would fit me better.

I've owned similar cars in the past. I had a new 2003 EVO that I stupidly sold when Mercedes sold Mitsubishi and I thought the whole Mitsubishi brand would disappear. Also had a 2005 STi and a couple of Civic SIs over the years along with 3 Corvettes.

I live in the Ouachita mountains north of Hot Springs, Arkansas and this is a beautiful place to drive. Very scenic with very little traffic. Some of the roads are in poor shape and the summer tires are pretty bad in the cold. Going to try some all seasons very soon. Surprising how comfortable the car is except for the hard tires.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I was also surprised at how comfortable it was, minus the tires. I put some Michelin X-ice winters on and it immediately road significantly quieter and softer.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Found the local dealer had a left over 2017 base model and we worked out a deal since Ford had a $3.5k incentive. I considered a Fiesta but I'm a pretty big guy and I thought the Focus would fit me better.

I've owned similar cars in the past. I had a new 2003 EVO that I stupidly sold when Mercedes sold Mitsubishi and I thought the whole Mitsubishi brand would disappear. Also had a 2005 STi and a couple of Civic SIs over the years along with 3 Corvettes.

I live in the Ouachita mountains north of Hot Springs, Arkansas and this is a beautiful place to drive. Very scenic with very little traffic. Some of the roads are in poor shape and the summer tires are pretty bad in the cold. Going to try some all seasons very soon. Surprising how comfortable the car is except for the hard tires.
I'll tell you right away that if you see snow decently often, don't get all seasons. Just get a set of dedicated winters...trust me our car is awesome in the snow with winter tires...all seasons...not so much. They are called "no-seasons" for that reason lol. I bought a used set of 4 brand new icept tires mounted on momo winter II wheels for $400 (the whole set wheels/tires was only 400...awesome deal) so maybe look around for something like that? Best of luck!

Excellent choice in car! Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions or need to find something. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Welcome to the ST family. Make sure you check out the ST Octane Academy and get registered for it. As it is FREE

Oh yeah and what color did you get?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to the ST family. Make sure you check out the ST Octane Academy and get registered for it. As it is FREE

Oh yeah and what color did you get?
It's free!? Why was I not aware of this??

How does this work?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome! You should hit up the Octane Academy! Registration opened up just last week, but the spots go fast. You'd be surprised at what both the FoST and FiST can actually do.

·
Registered
2014 ST1
191 Posts

I live 20 minutes east of hot springs off of highway 70. You’ll have fun with the car. I run all seasons year round considering our weather isn’t that bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts