Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way home last night and at a light where 2 lanes merge to 1 and when the light turns green we both go for it. And he was able to jump ahead of me but we pretty much stayed the same.. I did forget to turn nanny mode off however. The bike was one of those Harley type cruisers with the big windshield on the front. I didn't think those things could move that quick. I mean I'm not the best driver out there but I know how to bang gears pretty well. Could the nanny mode really limit you that much??

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless you are perfect with your launch most bikes will leave you from a stop, even the slower cruisers. Heck even my dual sport BMW is faster and easier to get to 60 than my RS is.

Although after that point you are in the cars territory and things become much more even.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
My suzuki M50 would have beat you to 100... and thats only an 805cc.

Reactions: reggy66

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got beat by a modified Civic about 13 years ago when I was on a Ninja 250, it was close though. Bikes almost always have the power to weight advantage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got beat by a modified Civic about 13 years ago when I was on a Ninja 250, it was close though. Bikes almost have the power to weight advantage.

A ninja 250 isnt a bike, its a lawn mower with fairings.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Ooooooooooooo, you gonna take that @screzzy?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sure. Let me rephrase:

I got beat by a modified Civic about 13 years ago when I was on a 250cc riding lawnmower with fairings, it was close though. I would have smoked him with slicks and the mower deck removed.
LOL!

Sent by electronic courier pigeon.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
782 Posts
Are you guys really having this conversation? I eat M4's on my bike for dinner. Most bikes are almost 100 HP with no weight.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are you guys really having this conversation? I eat M4's on my bike for dinner. Most bikes are almost 100 HP with no weight.
The conversation was started about cruisers which are generally seen driving slower than a grandma in a grand marquis. These are also bikes that I wouldn't say have no weight nor are most of them anywhere near 100hp. I am not surprised that the op was surprised that he got beat by one, hence the conversation.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The conversation was started about cruisers which are generally seen driving slower than a grandma in a grand marquis. These are also bikes that I wouldn't say have no weight nor are most of them anywhere near 100hp. I am not surprised that the op was surprised that he got beat by one, hence the conversation.
Exactly! Sure they sound really loud and fast but most of the time you can easily pass them which is what caught me so off guard the other night

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Harleys and other v-twins are kinda like us: heavy, but lots of torque. They don't have the top speed of a sport bike but they'll certainly move.

·
Registered
477 Posts
In general, a v-twin cruiser will beat you to 60 or so. After that you can probably take them. The v-twins make good low end torque but not much HP up top. I rode a HD Softtail and it toped out around 108 (5 mph faster than my Ninja 250). An inline-4 sportbike will murder most production vehicles.

·
Registered
554 Posts
200hp 1000cc will murder everything.

You need at least 1000hp and under 3000lb curb weight car to play with those guys.

BMW s1000RR, Honda CBR, Ducati, Kawasaki, Yamaha ...

600cc is going to be the sweet spot if I ever got a bike (I wouldn't), and even those go really good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts