Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a stop sign we turn left to get on the access road that leads to the hwy. I knew SHE was gonna try and go around on the outside so I kinda sped up in 2nd gear. Look over and she is movin right by me. Feathered the throttle and got nuthin but spin, shifted to 3rd and again nuthin but spin. The asphalt there is real smooth and it always has dirt and dust on it, but come on.

I felt so defeated ?

Think I heard her laugh and say Altima Life FTW. Haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
You got beat by an Altima from a dig.... I spanked a 350z from a roll... What's that tell ya?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
You got beat by an Altima from a dig.... I spanked a 350z from a roll... What's that tell ya?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Massive torque on FWD only works better in one of two conditions :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
@ST-Noob don't feel bad. On my way out to Pittsburgh this past weekend some construction worker in his F150 (probably like a 2015) randomly shot over to the left lane beside me at a red light and I didn't think anything of it til I was accelerating pretty quick away (didn't want to get stuck behind anyone that would slow me down) and he is rocketing by...and I'm a stage 3 Focus ST at like 270hp/350tq lol..I had to literally give her the beans to make up the ground his automatic truck pulled on me from a stop so quickly lol. I of course got out in front due to weight advantage and I controlled my spin and picked up real quick, but I was like damn it we have such a disadvantage...like it would be different if I prepared and did a full launch or something...but I just set off like normal then tried to speed up a little and got eaten for a second by an F150

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Boomba RMM and FSWerks traction bar with brand new Coopers RS3. AlsoE30 tuned

Just no flippin traction some days

·
Registered
651 Posts
@ST-Noob don't feel bad. On my way out to Pittsburgh this past weekend some construction worker in his F150 (probably like a 2015) randomly shot over to the left lane beside me at a red light and I didn't think anything of it til I was accelerating pretty quick away (didn't want to get stuck behind anyone that would slow me down) and he is rocketing by...and I'm a stage 3 Focus ST at like 270hp/350tq lol..I had to literally give her the beans to make up the ground his automatic truck pulled on me from a stop so quickly lol. I of course got out in front due to weight advantage and I controlled my spin and picked up real quick, but I was like damn it we have such a disadvantage...like it would be different if I prepared and did a full launch or something...but I just set off like normal then tried to speed up a little and got eaten for a second by an F150
Has nothing to do with FWD torque, it's all driver mod :haha:

Reactions: screzzy

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Has nothing to do with FWD torque, it's all driver mod :haha:
You probably meant to quote my other post, but in the case with the Altima I'd agree. OP just gave it a little too much juice when they panicked lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look great glad I went with the 245s, and they are planted in the twisties

But they wear quick, fast, and in a hurry

·
Registered
312 Posts
Get a pair of some Mickey Thompson Street R and lower the psi and set launch control at like 2500-3000 grand on the street. You'll be surprised on how they hook on the street.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would limited slip help any
Like a quaife or any other brand

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't tell me this !!! I had a WRX .... went to the ST2. I really like this car has a lot more options/features then my WRX did, but I've already been researching how to get more horsepower.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If another car decides to gun it before you do, your reaction time plus their head start can put you at a 1-2 second disadvantage. That's enough to be a 10 car length difference at the end of a quarter mile. Look at all the cars/trucks that run the quarter mile in the 15's/16's and you can see how a 1-2 second head start can make a slower car tough to reel back in. Sometimes it's better to just let them keep going until you get a chance to have an even jump. There's no shame in losing if you didn't even try, after all. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts