Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day while at work I was backed into while parked in the parking lot. The only damage was done to the hood, front bumper, and grill. Which is all I can tell right now.

I do know who did it and insurance has already been called and claim already set up. Was estimated at 3200 in damage.

Now to the question. I’m interested in just replacing the hood with the seibon carbon fiber RS hood, and possibly doing the maxton designs front focus RS bumper. Does anyone have any idea how good/true to fit the RS bumper is on a 13/14 st? Is it worth it? And what about the hood?

I don’t have RS money or else I would now get rid of the car and upgrade. Seeing as how I would be on the hook for the difference if there is any just wana hear some thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don’t know personally, unfortunately, but I’ve heard lots of good things about the fit and finish of the seibon hood. The bumper on the other hand, not so much. but it may have also been another brand or cheap knock off.

but sorry to hear about the car man. and good luck.
Poor guy in the picture, you can see how upset he is.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t know personally, unfortunately, but I’ve heard lots of good things about the fit and finish of the seibon hood. The bumper on the other hand, not so much. but it may have also been another brand or cheap knock off.

but sorry to hear about the car man. and good luck.
Poor guy in the picture, you can see how upset he is.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for him he is 94 years old has been involved in quite a few fender benders similar to this one. Fortunately for me as soon as it happened he alerted my store of the accident and had us call the police.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for him he is 94 years old has been involved in quite a few fender benders similar to this one. Fortunately for me as soon as it happened he alerted my store of the accident and had us call the police.

Hey no problem, wish I had some personal experience with these particular parts. lol but I’m very picky and look at every detail. but if you do go for the bumper don’t be surprised if the body shop asks for some extra labor hours to make the bumper fit better. hopefully they don’t just put it on and give it back fitting like dog ****. at my shop, we ask for more time for aftermarket parts like these to make them fit like an OE part.

but it’s unfortunate for that guy, but at least he knew he messed up and did the right thing tho, that’s awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
You could pocket the insurance check and buy the parts to do the Facelift front end with a carbon fiber hood and maybe only pay a little out of pocket.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
it will also depend on how your insurance handles claims... with one of my older cars I had a sh!t company and they would only pay the shop, and they would only allow the parts to be sourced by them. they would buy good OEM parts from totaled cars and have them repainted to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could pocket the insurance check and buy the parts to do the Facelift front end with a carbon fiber hood and maybe only pay a little out of pocket.
This was also a thought that I had. But not sure if they would give me only the money quoted for parts or full amount for paint and everything. The quote I received from their preferred body shop was for like 3200.xx but only about 1600 was parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it will also depend on how your insurance handles claims... with one of my older cars I had a sh!t company and they would only pay the shop, and they would only allow the parts to be sourced by them. they would buy good OEM parts from totaled cars and have them repainted to save a few bucks.
I’ve already contacted the shop I plan to do the work if that’s how i go. And he is going to see if he can get them. If not, then I may just try and pocket the money and order what I want and just pay to have the bumper painted.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
The check should be to cover the full amount of the repair.

You may be able to work with the body shop and get them to order what ever parts you want and you could pay the difference. I have done that on an insurance claim before, BUT, I did work at the body shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts