Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing that I'm going for a new set of wheels that are a dark metallic bronze colour I really would like to get a gold set of lug nuts to go with the car and to stand out from the wheel. I've been told that Gorilla are the best make to go for? If so, would THESE be compatible with my ST? As far as I can tell they're the correct size, right?

How odd. I did Amazon's size check just now and it said they didn't fit. I then double checked CJ Pony Parts and their lug nuts are the same size! What gives???

Registered
Sounds like that should be in the the right thread; should be listed in the ST supplement.

Is the cone end compatible with the wheels you're buying.

You don't want to monkey around with lug nuts. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgestar F14s. But wouldn't the lug nuts be the same size whatever wheels I have?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see...I noted on the Amazon check that they only ask up to the model of the Ford (i.e. Focus), not what type of Focus it is. Maybe the normal Focus has different sized lug nuts to the ST and RS? It would be understandable, seeing that the ST and RS use performance wheels and brakes.

Registered
This is from my 13 supplement:

Bolt size M12 x 1.5 mm 100 135 * Torque specifications are for nut and bolt threads free of dirt and rust. Use only Ford recommended replacement fasteners.

My comment was that the nut seating surface and wheel also have to be compatible, not just the thread, but it sounds like leavingmarks answered that.

Registered
The nut seating surface isn't nearly as large as the stock lugs but it gets the job done. The paint on them isn't the best, but it's not terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The nut seating surface isn't nearly as large as the stock lugs but it gets the job done. The paint on them isn't the best, but it's not terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you saying that they're simply painted rather than anodised?

Registered
I had a set of those same small diameter Gorilla nuts in black to use with my winter set because the Ford nuts were too wide to fit in the winter wheels.

They fit just fine and I never had an issue.

But yeah, the color wasn't ultra durable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts