Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have BT audio playback issues with their pixel 2? Connects fine, but playback stutters badly... Unlistenable. Tried Pandora and Google play music... Local content and streaming... Same exact issue.

Car is 2014 so sync 2 / MFT.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
since the car has an older Bluetooth chip, my money is on a bug in the software on the phone side, especially if you don't have any problems with any other devices. this seems to be a fairly common problem with a lot of brand new phone releases. unfortunately, you will probably have to wait until google releases an update/fix for it. hopefully it is a fairly widespread problem with a lot of pixel2's so that they put a priority on it.

there is also a chance that there is a specific flaw with your phone, I would try a full reset on the phone to see if that clears it up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.

I tried multiple phone restarts, car radio restarts, re-link BT etc to make sure it wasn't some weird fluke. Did not change anything.

Strangely enough, since day 2 of having the phone... it's been flawless. No idea what the issue was, or what I did, but it works fine now. I did go into developer settings and look at the different BT audio codec options, but whatever I picked, it never seemed to save the change, but either way I put it back to default. Maybe me ****ing around with that changed something under the hood, who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts