Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch blew up at like 35k miles RIP so I have an XClutch Stage 1 HD Ceramic, MFactory LSD, and MFactory Carbon Synchros on their way.

Is there anything else that is worth doing to the car while the transmission is out? I don’t have a ton of money left to spend on the car ATM but since I’m doing this on jack stands and it’s a, I figure I might as well do as much as I can (hence the LSD and synchros)…

I have heard that a stainless clutch line is a good idea, but not sure if that is something that would be beneficial to do right now.

Any suggestions/help is much appreciated.

Edit: This is a 2018 ST3 that is slowly getting built into a track day car.
Only mods so far is intake, exhaust, RMM, E30, clutch spring, snorkel

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
707 Posts
Clutch line is a nice addition but also doesn't require the trans to be dropped. I've got nothing outside the syncros and LSD. Low miles on it so the bearings should all still be good.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Clutch line is a nice addition but also doesn't require the trans to be dropped. I've got nothing outside the syncros and LSD. Low miles on it so the hearings should all still be good.
Yeah I haven't done it myself but I have heard that there is a restrictor in the factory clutch line. Changing to a stainless line gets rid of this restrictor and improves clutch feel.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,837 Posts
Not related to the trans but you need an intercooler badly. I didnt see one on your list.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Not strictly necessary when the trans is out but solid shifter bushings on trans and shifter, and maybe a JBR shift arm to shorten the throws, RMM for sure once it's back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts