Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
resize.jpeg

The Sync 3 update from 1.0 to 2.2 has just been released. If you have a Sync 3 system that doesn't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto this is the update for you! Of course for Apple Carplay you still need the upgraded USB hub but at least we have the official update now. You should be able to find the files, and if your car is eligible for the update here: https://owner.ford.com

I've heard that it isn't yet working for 2017 Models with the Sync 3 2.0 system, so YMMV if you own one of those.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This can be updated on WIFI, correct?
The update is 1.8Gb and Ford's instructions are to use a USB drive. I do not believe the major updates like these can.

Took a half an hour to install from the USB drive, not that I am complaining. Gave an excuse to drive the car!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
The update is 1.8Gb and Ford's instructions are to use a USB drive. I do not believe the major updates like these can.

Took a half an hour to install from the USB drive, not that I am complaining. Gave an excuse to drive the car!
Couple days after buying my 2015 brand new, sync 2 had an updated & I was so excited to have an excuse to just drive. Still love the car enough that hearing you have that excuse and I don't makes me jealous.

Plus its official I am outdated is another cause for jealousy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I tried to load it onto my car yesterday and got an error again...Put it on a USB drive and plugged it in then got a message that said installation stopped for lack of space or something.

Can anyone offer advice? If it helps I can take a pic of the error message...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to load it onto my car yesterday and got an error again...Put it on a USB drive and plugged it in then got a message that said installation stopped for lack of space or something.

Can anyone offer advice? If it helps I can take a pic of the error message...
I am guessing whichever program you used to unzip the downloaded file did not create the SyncMyRide folder and instead prepended the folder name to some of the files you downloaded.
You should be able to create a folder on your USB drive with the name SyncMyRide and move all the files that begin with it into that folder. Make sure to remove the "SyncMyRide/" from each of the file names when you do this.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Is there a way to force the car to check for updates? I just reconnected to my wifi with it. If it will download this via wifi it will be just as fast as if I download it over my wifi on my computer and won't have to do it twice....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I am guessing whichever program you used to unzip the downloaded file did not create the SyncMyRide folder and instead prepended the folder name to some of the files you downloaded.
You should be able to create a folder on your USB drive with the name SyncMyRide and move all the files that begin with it into that folder. Make sure to remove the "SyncMyRide/" from each of the file names when you do this.
So I believe there are about 4 files that say SyncMyRide, and those should all be put in a folder and name it that? Then remove the SyncMyRide/ from the beginning of each file in that folder?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I believe there are about 4 files that say SyncMyRide, and those should all be put in a folder and name it that? Then remove the SyncMyRide/ from the beginning of each file in that folder?
I can double check the amount of files when I get home, but yes that should do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not having much luck with this. Followed the directions, car says it's updating.... but nothing changes. I let it go for about an hour and a half before giving up the first time. Reformatted the USB drive (again), downloaded the files over, and tried a second time. Same result. Car shows 'updating' even with the usb unplugged after restarting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Worked great for me, like being able to use google maps now.

I was relentless just last week with the online chat help for SYNC about the release date, of course I got no answer from that person about it, and here it is this week...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not having much luck with this. Followed the directions, car says it's updating.... but nothing changes. I let it go for about an hour and a half before giving up the first time. Reformatted the USB drive (again), downloaded the files over, and tried a second time. Same result. Car shows 'updating' even with the usb unplugged after restarting.
It should say something like "update canceled due to loss of usb" when you unplug it. If it isn't detecting that the usb was unplugged I would guess there is a bigger issue with the software or hardware. You could always try an other USB if available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those who updated their sync 3 with the "unofficial" release, will it update with this official release or is it the same exact thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem downloading the update from the website? I get a system error every time. I've tried different computers from different locations. I posted on Twitter and apparently others have had the same problem. Anyone here experienced this? Or better yet - found a work around?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem downloading the update from the website? I get a system error every time. I've tried different computers from different locations. I posted on Twitter and apparently others have had the same problem. Anyone here experienced this? Or better yet - found a work around?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For the last 2 days I get an error that it is unavailable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally managed to download the update. Installed. Plugged in my new USB hub. Worked like a charm and now have car play. What is odd is that I went back to the website out of curiosity and it is back to not working. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the same issue. Drove two different times this weekend for over an hour and nothing had changed.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts