Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am interested in looking for a new or used set of bronze or gold colored wheels for my 2017 Focus ST. I looked at the TireRack website, which tries to show what various products they offer will look like on a stock ST, but it looks cartoonish, and I was wondering if anyone had actual pictures. I looked on the forums, and online, and did not find what I was looking for.

Rota Grid's in gold look like what I'm imagining might look good, but I don't know. I do not plan on lowering the car (since I use it for daily commuting) and maybe aftermarket wheels require lowering to look good. Looking for opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I think I am interested in looking for a new or used set of bronze or gold colored wheels for my 2017 Focus ST. I looked at the TireRack website, which tries to show what various products they offer will look like on a stock ST, but it looks cartoonish, and I was wondering if anyone had actual pictures. I looked on the forums, and online, and did not find what I was looking for.

Rota Grid's in gold look like what I'm imagining might look good, but I don't know. I do not plan on lowering the car (since I use it for daily commuting) and maybe aftermarket wheels require lowering to look good. Looking for opinions.
Try the Fitment Industries gallery

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,958 Posts
I cant speak for the focus but i can speak for the color combo. I recently ran a set of bronze TSW wheels on my mustang and really liked how that color looked on a black car.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I powder-coated mine back in ‘18 & they still look new. It’s subjective but I prefer black wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue
144 Posts
I think the 1st thing you need to consider is the color of your vehicle. I personally recommend going with gold for lighter color car or bronze for darker color car. I have a '17 Kona Blue ST and I plan on getting Vordoven Forme 9 wheels in bronze. I'm kinda waiting until I need new tires.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I powder-coated mine back in ‘18 & they still look new. It’s subjective but I prefer black wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOVE THAT!!! However- I do NOT like black wheels on a black car, because it all gets lost (at least to my eye). Looks fantastic on a silver car, though.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the 1st thing you need to consider is the color of your vehicle. I personally recommend going with gold for lighter color car or bronze for darker color car. I have a '17 Kona Blue ST and I plan on getting Vordoven Forme 9 wheels in bronze. I'm kinda waiting until I need new tires.
Smart- I agree- THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Smart- I agree- THANKS!!
Unfortunately- as nice as those Vordoven wheels look- I do not think that they will stay inside the fenders of a Focus ST... The stock wheels are 8" wide, and the 5 X 108's are 9.5" wide...

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue
144 Posts
Unfortunately- as nice as those Vordoven wheels look- I do not think that they will stay inside the fenders of a Focus ST... The stock wheels are 8" wide, and the 5 X 108's are 9.5" wide...
haha yea prob not the way I understand is they will poke out a little bit, but that's actually what I'm looking for getting them 18 x 9.5 et +35. I am still not too sure on the tire specs.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts