Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It came with the gasket from downpipe to exhaust and two mounting bolts, so I'm guessing we just reuse the vband clamp from the turbo. Any fitment issues or anything I should be aware of with this down pipe? I helped install my cousins mbrp so I'm familiar, just wondering if the depo is any different.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
It came with the gasket from downpipe to exhaust and two mounting bolts, so I'm guessing we just reuse the vband clamp from the turbo. Any fitment issues or anything I should be aware of with this down pipe? I helped install my cousins mbrp so I'm familiar, just wondering if the depo is any different.
Hmm, nothing comes to mind right now, but make sure to get the steel sealing disc from in between the OEM DP and the turbo, you will be re-using that with the OEM vband. Also make sure you antiseize all those bolts up.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I've heard the fitment is pretty straight forward on the Depo. I put in a CJ PonyParts DP a short while back with no issues. Just make sure to douse the V-band calmp with Kano Kroil or PB Blaster. An extra set of hands would have helped me a bunch when clamping down the V-band clamp..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, nothing comes to mind right now, but make sure to get the steel sealing disc from in between the OEM DP and the turbo, you will be re-using that with the OEM vband. Also make sure you antiseize all those bolts up.

Steel sealing disc? What's that?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard the fitment is pretty straight forward on the Depo. I put in a CJ PonyParts DP a short while back with no issues. Just make sure to douse the V-band calmp with Kano Kroil or PB Blaster. An extra set of hands would have helped me a bunch when clamping down the V-band clamp..
Yep, we are going to soak that thing with pb blaster. How exactly would a 2nd set of hands help you when clamping it down? We could barely get one set up hands up in there.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Reactions: angrychair

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Yep, we are going to soak that thing with pb blaster. How exactly would a 2nd set of hands help you when clamping it down? We could barely get one set up hands up in there.
My move is to completely remove the v-band nut from the stud. Then spread the vband over the flanges, then put the nut back on. That extra range of motion by kinda separating the v-band, really makes the job easy. I may have done this entirely too many times, and in my local wrenching circle I am "The master of the V-band"

Reactions: aaronc7

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
DO NOT use an impact wrench on the v-band. I learned my lesson and stripped the bolt. Had to find another tbolt at advanced to fit. Do it by hand

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you're going to do the Downpipe, might as well do the Rear Motor Mount as well. Just my 2 bits.

The trickiest part for me for my DP was getting the O2 sensors out and routed nicely again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had to cut off about a half inch on the bottom mounting brackets so mine wouldn't hit the cross frame, took all of 30 seconds with a cutting wheel. Other then that minor fitment issue it's a great DP.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
that link is amazing Duece, bookmarked!
Tasca FTW!!!

At this point with my experience in this platform, if you have a question, I will get you an answer. There are many bookmarks to be made, lol

Reactions: Twizzty

·
Registered
216 Posts
The V-Band was a complete pain to get off and then back on. That took the longest with me. If you have fat hands, like myself. Id suggest getting two shoe strings and tie them around the two O2 connectors up top and let them dangle to the bottom of the car. Then tie the other end to the O2 sensor wire(s). When your ready to plug it all back up, just pull up on the shoe strings...BAM...super easy. There was no way I was going to be able to connect the O2 sensors back up with out doing that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Id suggest getting two shoe strings and tie them around the two O2 connectors up top and let them dangle to the bottom of the car. Then tie the other end to the O2 sensor wire(s). When your ready to plug it all back up, just pull up on the shoe strings...BAM...super easy. There was no way I was going to be able to connect the O2 sensors back up with out doing that.
Solid suggestion, wish I read that this summer. For me taking out the O2 sensors and putting them back in took the longest time for me :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts