Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family is growing and it just doesn't have enough room. Right now, it's me and the wife up front, with the 14 year old and the 17 month old in a car seat in the back. The ST has been fine for this, room in the back for the stroller and all that stuff. But I have a new little one on the way now, and there just isn't enough room in the back for 2 car seats AND a teenager! So I'm going to be swapping the ST for a... minivan. Or something with 3 rows of seating and enough room in the back for a big jogging stroller, anyways. The wife will get to drive that, and I get to take over her car, a 2005 Toyota Corolla. I'm looking forward to the new addition to the family, but man, I'm going to miss having a fun car!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Family is growing and it just doesn't have enough room. Right now, it's me and the wife up front, with the 14 year old and the 17 month old in a car seat in the back. The ST has been fine for this, room in the back for the stroller and all that stuff. But I have a new little one on the way now, and there just isn't enough room in the back for 2 car seats AND a teenager! So I'm going to be swapping the ST for a... minivan. Or something with 3 rows of seating and enough room in the back for a big jogging stroller, anyways. The wife will get to drive that, and I get to take over her car, a 2005 Toyota Corolla. I'm looking forward to the new addition to the family, but man, I'm going to miss having a fun car!
Dont do it!!! I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old and they fit just fine with room for a person behind me(Driverside). And thats that im big and my seat is back somewhat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Congrats on the new addition!

Too bad about getting rid of the ST - but in a few years when the teenager heads to college, who knows? Maybe another one!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new addition!

Too bad about getting rid of the ST - but in a few years when the teenager heads to college, who knows? Maybe another one!
Yup, that's the plan! Although the RS will probably be more affordable by then, so there's that!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Family is growing and it just doesn't have enough room. Right now, it's me and the wife up front, with the 14 year old and the 17 month old in a car seat in the back. The ST has been fine for this, room in the back for the stroller and all that stuff. But I have a new little one on the way now, and there just isn't enough room in the back for 2 car seats AND a teenager! So I'm going to be swapping the ST for a... minivan. Or something with 3 rows of seating and enough room in the back for a big jogging stroller, anyways. The wife will get to drive that, and I get to take over her car,a 2005 Toyota Corolla . I'm looking forward to the new addition to the family, but man, I'm going to miss having a fun car!
Don't do it, you'll hate yourself! :crazy:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dude. I've heard of so many ST drivers with kids. AND, I saw a dad with two kids in the backseat (in their car seats) at a stoplight the other day! Just keep the ST!!

If the wifey insists on a minivan, get rid of the Corolla!

Reactions: Zeek

·
Registered
408 Posts
This was this morning, loading the kids up to drop them off at my moms. My kids chairs are massive. But as the saying goes happy wife, happy life. Also i get why you would keep the corolla, im assuming its paid off and you are trying to avoid 2 monthly payments. Right now we only have the st. In a couple months we will look at our finances and see if we can afford another car or have to buy a beater to ease the miles off the st

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not get rid of her corolla for the....mini van
Corolla is paid for, ST isn't. If I can do as close to a straight trade as possible, I'll keep my payments about the same, just can't afford 2 car payment at the same time.

Don't do it, you'll hate yourself! :crazy:
Oh, I know! But if I can't have a fast car, I'm going to have a loud car! Already shopping for subwoofer boxes and amps, lol!

Dude. I've heard of so many ST drivers with kids. AND, I saw a dad with two kids in the backseat (in their car seats) at a stoplight the other day! Just keep the ST!!

If the wifey insists on a minivan, get rid of the Corolla!
See, I already have 2 kid, this will be number 3. Can't put a car seat in the middle of the rear seat, and there's no way the teenager is going to be able to get to the center seat with car seats on both sides, just won't work :( And as above, I need to trade my payments from the ST to a minivan, not trade in a car with not much value and get a second car payment. But I'll make that Corolla loud and pimp it out, lol!

Fusion sport?
If I could trade the ST straight across for one, and there was enough room in the back seat that the teenager won't have to climb over car seats to get to the middle seat, then I'm in! But I don't think either of those is going to happen. Look to see me rollin' dirty in a 2005 Corolla or a Grand Caravan, sigh.... I wonder how much a turbo kit for the Corolla would run...?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This was this morning, loading the kids up to drop them off at my moms. My kids chairs are massive. But as the saying goes happy wife, happy life. Also i get why you would keep the corolla, im assuming its paid off and you are trying to avoid 2 monthly payments. Right now we only have the st. In a couple months we will look at our finances and see if we can afford another car or have to buy a beater to ease the miles off the st

How did you mount that car seat in the middle? My 2013 ST only has the LATCH connectors on the left and the right. Didn't think you were supposed to put a car seat in the middle like that. And you got it on the Corolla. It's paid off, and only has a trade-in value of around $2k, while the ST should have a trade-in value around $16k. And I can find plenty of good minivans for that price. But if we can get bot car seats in there along with a 14 year old, maybe I can be spared!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Stop making sense!
:p

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sad news about losing your fun car, but congrats on the baby! You can get nice low mileage minivans pretty inexpensively these days, but I'm in a similar situation and currently in the process of trying to get my wife in an Explorer, just have to find the right one. You get all the luxury of space for the kids and don't have to drive a minivan. :wink:

·
Registered
408 Posts
How did you mount that car seat in the middle? My 2013 ST only has the LATCH connectors on the left and the right. Didn't think you were supposed to put a car seat in the middle like that. And you got it on the Corolla. It's paid off, and only has a trade-in value of around $2k, while the ST should have a trade-in value around $16k. And I can find plenty of good minivans for that price. But if we can get bot car seats in there along with a 14 year old, maybe I can be spared!
Ok so before my daughter was born it was just my son he sat in the middle. Both rear and forward facing. Its the safest place, its away from the sides where a side impact can be really bad or fatal. Alot of websites recommend this and the good ol folks at babies r us recommended it as well. The seatlatches on to one hook from each side. His seat which is the one towards the edge is hooked by the seat hooks and the seatbelt running thru 2 loops behind his seat. The key was taking the car to babies r us and taking the floor models and testing them on the car. I have 2 of the slimmest seats to save more space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I understand youve got a teenager but he can sacrifice his legs since your dad and youve sacrificed your time for him lol
This is why I've told my wife we aren't having more children lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 3 kids that ride in mine all the time. 1 car seat, 2 booster seats. I got rid of my 10 Fusion expecting to pick up a 17 Fusion Sport, I have never been more disappointed in a Ford in my life after the test drive, and I've owned close to 40 of them. Drove the ST and loved it. To each their own I guess.

Reactions: SFST14
1 - 20 of 35 Posts