Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '15 ST3 that came with a catted Flowmaster straight pipe exhaust(res & Muffler delete), I like the deep notes at lower RPMs and the crackles/growls when I let off the accelerator, but the acceleration noise over 2500 RPMs and drone on the highway makes my ears bleed. I've looked at a ton of videos out YouTube but cant seem to get much from them, what are your recommendations to kill the drone but try to keep the deeper tones? Add just a resonator or just a muffler? If so what do you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Add a semi-large sized, oval Magnaflow muffler - problem solved. It'll keep the deep tone, but not make your ears bleed. Probably $150ish parts and labor for a shop to install.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Add a semi-large sized, oval Magnaflow muffler - problem solved. It'll keep the deep tone, but not make your ears bleed. Probably $150ish parts and labor for a shop to install.
Any Model number or link you can recommend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You could find an used OCD j-pipe muffler delete and it will solve your drone issue. Thats what i was running while keeping the stock size exhaust. Or you could buy cobb or cpe exhaust. They are 3" diameter and drone is almost to nothing.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up going with the Magnaflow 12246, its not Tinny or metallic sounding, has a good note to it and my ears are no longer bleeding on the highway :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Running the same thing (maybe a slightly different muffler) and I love it too. Thats the first thing my sister said when I picked her up from the airport after getting the exhaust work done "It doesn't sound tinny"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts