Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was planning on going BT in the Spring when things get warm enough but by then, my 2013 ST will be at about 90,000 miles. Is that still safe to go BT or am I at a much higher risk of blowing something up? For specifics, I've been planning on a GTX2863 or a GTX 2971R with Stratified's Xtra fuel system instead of running Meth or Ethanol. My goals are for about 400WHP. I know plenty of people are pushing that kind of power on the stock block but can I do the same with 90,000 miles?

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts
Hey guys,

I was planning on going BT in the Spring when things get warm enough but by then, my 2013 ST will be at about 90,000 miles. Is that still safe to go BT or am I at a much higher risk of blowing something up? For specifics, I've been planning on a GTX2863 or a GTX 2971R with Stratified's Xtra fuel system instead of running Meth or Ethanol. My goals are for about 400WHP. I know plenty of people are pushing that kind of power on the stock block but can I do the same with 90,000 miles?
I'd do a compression check just to see how your motor is doing.

Im at 75k, and am looking to do the same in spring.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys. I've wanted to go BT for a while but I've been putting it off to do everything right. I've needed a new trans (synchro failure) and I'm going to be getting an aluminum flywheel, Stage 2 or 3 clutch kit, and a LSD before doing the trans and then doing the turbo in a few months. The car has been extremely good to me since I got it at 40k and I've always done maintenance in a timely fashion. I'll probably take Duece's advice and have a compression test done beforehand just for a little peace of mind. I'm hoping by next Summer that my ST won't be my daily anymore and I can go a little bit bigger with the power. At that point I'll build the motor when I won't have to worry about not having a car for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts