Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just received a new GoFast Bits Bov for the focus st!

This valve is fully adjustable from vta back to bpv or any combination you choose to fit your style by changing the lever.

We have been approved to do a group buy for these! Who would be interested?

Sound clips are coming! I

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ill be watching this, im looking for a more subtle bov than whats currently available. I loved the agency power 50/50 recirc/vta valve on my evo x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Would love to see how this sounds first. Any clips of it installed?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Watching

·
Registered
395 Posts
also interested, pending sounds clips and group buy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just installed one of these this last weekend. Sound is same as other BOVs nothing really unique about it to my ears. Adjustment slide can be done with the car on the ground and wheels turned all the way right if you can reach.

Off the oem solenoid it does not vent erratically.

I have mine set about as quiet as it can get and am happy.

Not sure but I think this one runs a stiffer spring than the others. Preload is also adjustable.

Advantages are the adjustable sound level and it does not require routine maintenance.

Only disadvantage is it costs more.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
sub'd

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just installed one of these this last weekend. Sound is same as other BOVs nothing really unique about it to my ears. Adjustment slide can be done with the car on the ground and wheels turned all the way right if you can reach.

Off the oem solenoid it does not vent erratically.

I have mine set about as quiet as it can get and am happy.

Not sure but I think this one runs a stiffer spring than the others. Preload is also adjustable.

Advantages are the adjustable sound level and it does not require routine maintenance.

Only disadvantage is it costs more.
I'm local, ever make it out to meets? Maybe I can take a look at it?
Or your PT if you still have it. Recognize the screen name from SMD forums from a long time ago.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sub'd & intrigued.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm local, ever make it out to meets? Maybe I can take a look at it?
Or your PT if you still have it. Recognize the screen name from SMD forums from a long time ago.
I'll try to make it out to Cars & Coffee when weather is decent with either car. Will shoot you a PM if I know I will be there.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can this valve use the optional trumpet they sell to change the whoosh to more of a whistle or chirp? I really love the hks sound (Ive had them on several past cars). But , this might be an easier/cheaper install than changing charge pipes.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Can this valve use the optional trumpet they sell to change the whoosh to more of a whistle or chirp? I really love the hks sound (Ive had them on several past cars). But , this might be an easier/cheaper install than changing charge pipes.
doubtful... thats a different design all together for a BOV

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Oh well. I'll just switch to a hks when I go big turbo then.
yeah all these in the side of the turbo are going to sound somewhat the same.... if youre looking for that big BOV sound, the only real option is going with a big mechanical BOV. I want to run a tial personally but not interested is swapping it up and $500 just for a different psshhhhh sound. so my boomba will do just fine.

·
Registered
421 Posts
yeah all these in the side of the turbo are going to sound somewhat the same.... if youre looking for that big BOV sound, the only real option is going with a big mechanical BOV. I want to run a tial personally but not interested is swapping it up and $500 just for a different psshhhhh sound. so my boomba will do just fine.
I had the turbosmart for a while. But it didn't sound "right" to me. I ran the hks on my tsi, 3000gt, and wrx. I'm so used to the chirp now, anything else just doesn't feel right. When the gtx goes on, I'll have the perfect excuse to install one then.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have just received a new GoFast Bits Bov for the focus st!

This valve is fully adjustable from vta back to bpv or any combination you choose to fit your style by changing the lever.

We have been approved to do a group buy for these! Who would be interested?

Sound clips are coming! I

Got more of these in stock!

·
Registered
595 Posts
When I get mine I will try to get a video up here for you guys.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Excuse me for my lack of video etiquette. I am enjoying the valve, Thanks Panda!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts