Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

as some of you already know, we are one of the largest distributors of SPEC clutches, but have always paired these with our own Chromoly Steel Flywheels.

from feedback from some of the members on this forum whom have used an SMFW, they were not too happy with the increased "chatter" noise. For those who do not know what this is, think of it like some marbles rattling inside a tin (or the sound of a tractor). The reason why this happens is because when you replace the oem DMFW (Dual Mass Flywheel), you've basically removed the dampening inside the flywheel that dampens the noise coming from your transmission i.e The sound you are hearing is your transmission

whilst it is impossible to achieve noise dampening levels of an oem DMFW, what we can do is make our SMFW slightly heavier than what we normally do (but still lighter than the oem DMFW obviously), which will allow it to absorb more of the noise coming from the transmission. Our SMFW being Chromoly Steel (instead of super light Aluminium) also helps.

Please let me know if this is something you guys may be interested in or not? MSRP for the SMFW will be in the region of $499.95, but depending on interest, we will offer a Focus ST.org member special. We will also offer a combo/package deal for those who want to pair it with a SPEC Clutch :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Interested. Already running your lsd

·
Registered
198 Posts
what do you guys recommend for a big turbo setup? its a daily driven vehicle with the option to put the pedal to the medal lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I feel like after 500+ hard launches at autocross my factory dmfw has play. I’m looking for a more direct feel. What the life of those spec clutches?

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really just depends on your driving style and application.

An oem clutch can last for years, yet under the correct circumstances, the same clutch can last only a few minutes. Same applies to any aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
414 Posts
so any more traction? bump! need this soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts