Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

just putting up a feeler thread to see if there would be interest in our fully adjustable rear suspension arms with sealed spherical joints (pics to come):

Rear Toe Arms - $169.95
Rear Camber Arms - $219.95

We'll be introducing these to market after July with our new batch of coilovers, but just wanted to put up a feeler thread to see what the interest is like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know SPC makes rear camber arms for our cars.

Could you do anything to help with suspension geometry? Help with added camber in the front or fixing roll center when the car is lowered?

Reactions: deesiel678

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we can make a front Roll Centre/Camber Kit also. Will need to check on pricing though.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
There are a few options for camber and toe arms. So keeping the pricing competitive and maybe overall design. On car adjustment is a big thing. I have the Massive Speed System components and they are fully adjustable on the car. One think I would like to see are rear sway bar endlinks that are easy to install and adjust. Something that doesn't cause binding is always good.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It seems the market is already saturated with adjustable rear toe arms and camber arms. More options for roll center and bump steer correction would be nice.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great statements already. Not much more I can add. I'd be interested but as stated with competitive pricing against already competitive products. And timing may be an issue. My coil overs are already on the way and I'll be wanting to do the work soon.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noted.

Maybe instead of making/offering the rear arms, we can just do the front camber/caster instead? I could possibly have these ready to ship out within the week; just need to double check pricing.

What other options are there for front camber/caster, and what pricing? Anyone have any examples so I know what I will be up against?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
768 Posts
What do you mean by front camber/caster? Is this a component different from the existing camber adjustability on the coil overs? If so, what would be the need or gain in having these if I already have the coil overs?

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, typo. Should have read front Roll Center/Camber

The coilovers adjust camber via the top mount. If you want increased camber over and above what the top mount can offer, you can also adjust via the lower ball joint with a camber adaptor plate.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Noted.

Maybe instead of making/offering the rear arms, we can just do the front camber/caster instead? I could possibly have these ready to ship out within the week; just need to double check pricing.

What other options are there for front camber/caster, and what pricing? Anyone have any examples so I know what I will be up against?

Thanks guys!
Are you looking at adding front camber/caster adjustability to the stock suspension, or those with standard spring/shock replacements? If you can pull that off, you might have the market to yourself. I haven't run across any options yet.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As mentioned above, it was a typo. It is only roll centre & camber adjustability.

As this is achieved via the lower ball joint, it doesn't matter whether you are running oem or aftermarket suspension.

For camber/caster adjustability, we are checking to see if our top mounts (which are camber/caster adjustable) can be retrofitted to the oem dampers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hard Race offers a roll center correction kit. LINK. This is the only one I know of. I recently purchased this for $160 shipped from the US Hard Race distributor at buyhardrace.com. They don't list this part on their website; I called them and gave them the part# and they ordered it for me.

Steeda offers a bump steer correction kit. LINK. Only one I know of.

For caster, Whiteline offers an offset bushing for the rear mounting point of the front lower control arm. LINK.

The problem with retrofitting a camber plate to stock suspension is that the OEM barrel-type springs are too wide. They take up a lot of space in the strut tower. Even if you were to fit a camber plate, there wouldn't be much room to adjust, if any. For adding more camber with OEM style springs (stock and lowering springs), I think longer front LCAs or ball joint 'spacers' (something like this) would work better as there seems to be more room for the bottom of the strut to move outward rather than the top moving inward.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are the US Distributor for Hard Race's Non-JDM products. That link you linked to is the product that I was referring to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
We are the US Distributor for Hard Race's Non-JDM products. That link you linked to is the product that I was referring to.
Awesome! If more people knew about it (and understood why they should get a roll center correction kit), I'd think you'd sell a fair amount. I spent a good amount of time searching for this and calling/emailing back and forth with VelocityShop / BuyHardRace.com. If I had know I could get it from you, I would have. From my conversation with VelocityShop, it seems they have no plans to market this part on their website.

I see that Hard Race has a bump steer correction kit (tie rod ends) as well. I already have the Steeda unit but it seems like the Hard Race one might be a better choice for better NVH. The Steeda uses a heim joint which makes a 'clunky' sound when turning the wheel low speeds. I'd think a ball joint would be quieter. (I know there are other pros and cons to each)

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's mainly because they deal only with Honda's, so don't really have much knowledge/customer-base for other fitments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm always interested in new parts coming to the market. It gives us options and hopefully drives prices lower. :)

More importantly though is the tech stuff. What makes your part better? Better Heim joints, maintenance-free design, adjustability whilst still on car, etc... Mock samples or renderings are always nice too.

I need at least the toe links soon, but can be persuaded with a combo assuming pricing and features are inline to the market offerings or better.

Some more preliminary info, to drive up interest would be nice!

Oh and more info on the Hard Race stuff!

·
Vendor
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hardrace website: HARDRACE GLOBAL

Select: Ford Europe > Focus > mk3 > Search

PM me if you need a quote :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts