Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping you guys can help I'm running a Cobb OTS stage 1. After I installed my catless DP and catback exhaust I getting the P0420 check engine light. Will this hurt the car and how I I fix it.

Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I'm hoping you guys can help I'm running a Cobb OTS stage 1. After I installed my catless DP and catback exhaust I getting the P0420 check engine light. Will this hurt the car and how I I fix it.

Thanks guys

put the cat back on. I believe cobb stage 2 tunes will code that out. run a o2 sim (if they still exist) you may have o2 sensors and or cat wear quicker.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put the cat back on. I believe cobb stage 2 tunes will code that out. run a o2 sim (if they still exist) you may have o2 sensors and or cat wear quicker.
I don't have a FMIC, if I get a custom tune with that help?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't have a FMIC, if I get a custom tune with that help?

Easy fix. . . Instead of spending 300 on a custom tune, spend it on a FMIC. if you only want to spend 300, buy used. You need to get a FMIC anyway . . . It's not as glamorous as a catless DP, but you really should have put one on before the DP in the first place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the DP hurt the car if I continue to drive like this untill I get the FMIC?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've had that code for about a month and a half. Basically it thinks that cat went bad. Cheapest and fastest way to fix this is a defauler. Take off the secondary o2 sensor screw in the defauler then screw in the o2 back on and the cel will go away. I havent done this because I will get a custom tune and my tuner will just remove the code for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts