Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys.....I recently purchased a 2016 ST1. Not sure I would have if I knew about all the issues that seem to be infecting these cars. I see thread after thread about problems. I'm curious who here has a ST with at least 20k miles and has had little to no issues. Lets start a thread with some positive experiences!!! Especially the stalling/rough idle/RPM drop. Who has NEVER experienced this? Thanks guys and safe driving.

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts
Whats up guys.....I recently purchased a 2016 ST1. Not sure I would have if I knew about all the issues that seem to be infecting these cars. I see thread after thread about problems. I'm curious who here has a ST with at least 20k miles and has had little to no issues. Lets start a thread with some positive experiences!!! Especially the stalling/rough idle/RPM drop. Who has NEVER experienced this? Thanks guys and safe driving.
Rofl. I help organize St meets, and hang out with many ST owners. Among the dozens of ST owners i talk to at such events and the like, these issues have never been voiced. As in, they are not that common. Especially for newer STs.

It's all going to be ok.

You should be more worried about excessive smiling and traction.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have 29k and been tuned for 25k of those miles without issue. Congrats on the new car, enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
2013 here, had the engine mount and wiring TSB's done early, over 57,000 miles troublefree. Added a K&N drop in filter and Breedt short shift kit. Great car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Regardless of what brand or model, all cars have a failure rate. The people who own the cars in that small percent of cars are the most vocal (understandably) but skew the perception of quality because they are so vocal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Before I bought mine I was looking at the Mazda speed3 if you'll look of their forum it's the same thing you'll see here, some help threads. Most people don't post on a forum how great Thierry cars are, most people post needing help and will join a forum making 1 or 2 posts needing help and never logging back in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have a 2013 ST, and I was one of the first to experience the wire harness debacle. I do not regret buying the ST.
I was not bothered by this because I know Ford takes care of it's customers. It didn't take an act of congress to get Ford to fix the problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
I have an early build 2013 (built 9/11/12) and have not had any issues; hasn't ever even thought about stumbling at idle or stalling. Did change all the mounts due to Ford's choice of standard focus mounts. Enjoy your car...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
'13 with about 56k miles. A few issues, only one was medium in severity. One of the CV boots split and all the grease came out causing the CV joint to go bad. Ford replaced it under the powertrain warranty. My normal warranty was expired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again thanks guys for the response. My car has 250 miles on it and if you downshift while approaching a stop while braking at the same time the car drops to around 500ish RPMs rapidly. Pretty annoying for a brand new car and reading on here that theres really no fix for the 13-15 models. 16 looks to be the same

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will do grounds tomorrow but reading the entire thread it seems to be a shot in the dark at best

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well I'm actually on my second ST. The first one I got suffered a catastrophic failure. The day after I got it from the dealer and with just 132 miles on the odometer, the belt tensioner locked up and caused the drive belt to come off. Since this shut down the water pump, the coolant system sprung a leak which obviously lead to the engine overheating and dying.

Thankfully the dealer was cool about it and gave me another ST no problem. 6 months and 5800 miles later, absolutely no issues and I love the car. No regrets about buying it. As Vespa said, all cars are going to occasionally have unforeseeable failures and in my case, I was just unlucky enough to get one of those failures. Luckily the are pretty few and far between though.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
2013 here, had the engine mount and wiring TSB's done early, over 57,000 miles troublefree. Added a K&N drop in filter and Breedt short shift kit. Great car.
Ditto, never had any issues with the wiring stuff before having it done. The original motor mount were just awful. More than pleased at 38,000.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2016 St1 8k no issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts