Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of these tires for my 16 ST1 because as a daily in the NE I knew the FS1's wouldn't cut it. They're on 17" enkeis from tirerack.

They have about 900mi on them now and since I've put them on I've driven the car very soft. They're a little louder than the stock tires, and granted they're new, but barely noticeable except when cornering. I think this car keeps a lot of noise out in general. One downside is MPG's. It could also be the temps and "winter gas", but I've lost 1-2mpgs in mostly suburban stop and go traffic.

In the past week I've gotten to drive the car in two different storms. Both were about 4in of snow in various conditions from unpaved side streets to paved.

I'm coming from a Wrangler with aggressive tires and this is the first FWD car I've driven in the snow and first with ABS. The car handles great. There is minimal slippage out of first and really only in the deep stuff. Braking is good. ABS seems a bit aggressive, but it stops well. The back end stays well planted and handling is overall pretty good.

Overall I'm very impressed for a FWD performance car. My biggest and only concern is ground clearance/unplowed entries to driveways. I can't see myself being prevented from getting where I need to go. If it's that bad, everything will probably be closed anyway.

I'm sure it would be more fun to drive with AWD, but I was concerned about getting from A to B in the winter and it shouldn't be a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the same tires one the same wheels (except mine are matte grey). The only downside to these tires is how soft the sidewalls are. I've been through a couple storms - one where I was plowing the snow - and they've been excellent. They definitely live up to what they were made to do especially at their price point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts