Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share my resent build and dyno results. I am extremely surprised we hit the numbers we did. build is as follows:

garrett g25 550 .72 ar
mishimoto intercooler
3P performance hot side piping with tial BOV
External Tial WG with 3P performance dump tube
Mishimoto cold side pipe
downpipe to MBRP
JLT 3.0 catch can
Stock fuel system
rear motormount
Gear Head dyno tuned 24.5 psi final

dyno pull:

Uncorrected at 60*
Font Parallel Pattern Slope Rectangle

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
That is surprisingly high and I am impressed... But I thought the stock fuel system capped out around 360ish. Is there a chance the dyno is reading high?
Yes, and at 15 percent Ethanol fuel apparently.

Dynos are very finicky. The numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt.

· Registered
3,743 Posts
Thats pretty close to what i did on the dyno day i went to last year, except i'm running e40 on two port aux. Do you have a full scan of the results with the rpm and boost plotted? Curious to see when the turbo fully comes on.

did the shop say how their dyno runs? Doesnt sound like a heartbreaker :)

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats pretty close to what i did on the dyno day i went to last year, except i'm running e40 on two port aux. Do you have a full scan of the results with the rpm and boost plotted? Curious to see when the turbo fully comes on.

did the shop say how their dyno runs? Doesnt sound like a heartbreaker :)
I work for Gear Head luckily. I can take a full picture of the graph ya. Dyno was unlinked of course with 15% load. It does seam high I agree

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
any plans for aux fuel/port injection and e30-40? If you like how the power comes on now, wait until you try it with more fuel everywhere!
Not yet. Want to see how this holds up for a while. I bet it’s nuts !

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
I work for Gear Head luckily. I can take a full picture of the graph ya. Dyno was unlinked of course with 15% load. It does seam high I agree
Yes, very high.

Im at sea level, , GTX 3076r gen 2, bigger TB, 5.5" fmic, charge pipes, catless full 3", like every mod possible and Stock fueling on sunoco 93 I was around 355 whp on v-dyno with the mass airflow to match .

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK I'm gonna ignore this thread and the numbers.
I can’t explain why it’s high but there is no trickery here. 15% load on dyno 93 octane. We have a high range of vehicles on this dyno with normal numbers.

· Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
619 Posts

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
I can’t explain why it’s high but there is no trickery here. 15% load on dyno 93 octane. We have a high range of vehicles on this dyno with normal numbers.
It happens all the time. AWE's dyno put down like 270whp on a stock ST as a baseline, or something like that. I got this info first hand, while I was touring their facility. We had a mini discussion on it, lol.

Dynos are great for tuning, and seeing gains from a BASELINE set with the same machine. The numbers themselves though, are arbitrary

Reactions: W4R

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It happens all the time. AWE's dyno put down like 270whp on a stock ST as a baseline, or something like that. I got this info first hand, while I was touring their facility. We had a mini discussion on it, lol.

Dynos are great for tuning, and seeing gains from a BASELINE set with the same machine. The numbers themselves though, are arbitrary
This ST dyno’d 260 whp stock on same dyno. Thanks for the backing

Reactions: Duece McCracken

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
This ST dyno’d 260 whp stock on same dyno. Thanks for the backing
About 40 hp high, which is right inline with your 400 being 360whp. Which is right where it should be on stock fuel 93 oct.

Yeah man, no torches and pitchforks here. Unless it's justified, lmfao!

· Registered
16 Posts
Damn thing is out of fuel injector at 5500 rpms going to see if I can stretch them further. It picked up 20 hp with just cam timing changes at the same boost. It made 390 corrected, the extra 10 was without correction on a 60 degree day. I suspect the car had a tune in it when it was purchased although not much of one.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,226 Posts
nah not jelly, kinda doesn't make sense, stock fuel limit is supposed to be around 380 whp max IIRC.(that too you are really pushing for a record not daily)
I was already on the fence with G25, but I am not worried since there is a AUX fuel kit also going in with 2867r. If I can get 400 whp with G25 on stock fuel, why even install the AUX kit(besides its cleaning effectiveness).

Unless there are other benefits?

edit: okay yea see, we also did our research around here lol, OP I wasn't questioning your numbers just with all the previous info I personally gathered + the general consensus here made those numbers look inflated.
but I read the thread and like Deuce said BASELINE matters.
its not about being "jelly" lol

1 - 20 of 120 Posts