Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Anyone have any good recommendations on a gasket sealant? I need to drop my oil pan again cause oil is slowly seeping through on one side. I used permatex last time but was wondering if there is something better.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Right Stuff Grey, Permatex Ultra Black, Motorcraft TA-30 or Loctite 515. Gasket the pan, install it with the bolts hand tight, let it cure for at least an hour then tq to 15 ftlb or 177 ftin in a cross pattern.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right Stuff Grey, Permatex Ultra Black, Motorcraft TA-30 or Loctite 515. Gasket the pan, install it with the bolts hand tight, let it cure for at least an hour then tq to 15 ftlb or 177 ftin in a cross pattern.
Ok cool thanks. Should I just get acetone to remove the old sealant? I heard mixed thoughts about the permatex spray gasket remover.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Ok cool thanks. Should I just get acetone to remove the old sealant? I heard mixed thoughts about the permatex spray gasket remover.
Gonna have to get most off by hand then finish with acetone and 600 grit sandpaper. The pan groove can be cleaned with a dremel with a brass wheel. Make sure you get everything out of the groove then same thing, 600 and acetone.

IMG_20170822_232017.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts