Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car came back from the body shop and the gas door is out of alignment. Pushed in about 1/4 on the top on out a 1/4 on the bottom.

Is there an easy way to adjust it without the pain of taking it back? I was poking around in there but nothing seemed obvious.

·
Registered
207 Posts
back from the body shop ? .... ?

other than 'grab and bend'

no suggestions

I'd go back to the body shop

(and I've done some body work)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got rear ended on that side, I guess they removed it to blend the paint. The door itself isn't bent the adjustment just seems off. Or is there no adjustment?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea.. I'm gonna have to. Was just hoping it was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Yea.. I'm gonna have to. Was just hoping it was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If it was a 1/4 turn of a screw I would take it back, and make sure my insurance company knew they didn't fix it correctly the first time. You paid them lots of money to put it back in the same condition pre accident, I would make them do exactly that.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The door has no adjustment. The fact is is screwed up means they never bothered to make sure everything was lined up.
The insurance company IS the place to complain to, if the body shop gives you a hard time.
Years back my repair included a junkyard hatch. The hatch glass exploded a week later. The body shop said not our problem...
I called the insurance co.. Next day the body shop called me to replace the glass, no charge.
'nough said.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have the lifetime guarantee also.
Other then the gas door their work is very good. No pigtails in the paint or sanding marks & which has always been an issue for me.

I can't seem to own a car without someone smashing up my rear end so Iv been thru a few of these unfortunately..

I'm super busy at work for the next month or so, was just trying to save myself the trouble if it was easy. My insurance co knows and the body shop is supposed to contact me tomorrow. I def appreciate the advice, back to them it's gonna go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts