Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

Premium Member
Curiosity...what is it the Powermax is supposed to bring to the table that, say the Strat Garrett ATP big turbo kit doesnt do for under 2k???

...asking for a friend 馃槵

Curiosity...what is it the Powermax is supposed to bring to the table that, say the Strat Garrett ATP big turbo kit doesnt do for under 2k???

...asking for a friend 馃槵
Factory characteristics with much broader and higher horsepower range. All with the ability to use all factory lines and hardware and gasekts. No external BOVs and piping kits. No clockable V band elbows. Just a turbo specifically designed by a turbo company specifically for this engine.

2017 Kona Blue ST1

Reactions: TurboGT

Premium Member
Hmmmmm...supports up to 320hp?

gonna be honest... if I am going to go thru the hassle, I will be after way more than 320 馃槈

Registered
Where did that come from? I see it's page 75. I want to read moooore.....

Registered
I also noticed that thus the reason I want to read more. I find it hard to believe they are forking all this money in R&D for such a low output product. Maybe they want the "replacement" market instead of the performance market?! But... it would be a "performance" upgrade for non-ST vehicles listed! Something doesn't seem right 馃

Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
Only 320 hp? If that's flywheel power that only represents around 70 hp bump from stock. Doesn't seem like a huge increase for the cost and work of changing the turbo, plus a re-tune.

Reactions: wingnutt

Registered
I really want to see what this puts down at the wheels before I dump 1K+ into it. If it sucks I'm just buying wheels instead.

Registered
This would have to be 320whp and under say $1,200 for me to bite. Even then when you throw in the tuning you be sitting $1,500. For my money I鈥檇 chose $2,500 for a BT and dyno tune. I鈥檓 going to get a bung and weld it in to the stock hot charge pipe. I鈥檓 already FBO so this set up isn鈥檛 a great deal for me. I鈥檒l shoot for 350-360whp when it鈥檚 time.

Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
This would have to be 320whp and under say $1,200 for me to bite. Even then when you throw in the tuning you be sitting $1,500. For my money I鈥檇 chose $2,500 for a BT and dyno tune. I鈥檓 going to get a bung and weld it in to the stock hot charge pipe. I鈥檓 already FBO so this set up isn鈥檛 a great deal for me. I鈥檒l shoot for 350-360whp when it鈥檚 time.
I'm curious if there's going to be more potential with LSPI with this turbo if they are indeed keeping it a more "stock" hp/tq curve. I DON'T want a harder hit down low, which just means it'll spool up at a lower/more dangerous RPM if I'm not in the right gear. Heck, it already has traction problems in 1st and 2nd on the stock turbo/tune. I'd rather have the torque curve moved to the right a bit and lose some torque below 2500 rpm to gain more top-end.

Premium Member
Came from their catalog. Did anyone else notice the disclaimer at the bottom? If its 320 at the flywheel then this really isn't worth buying...
Is that stock DP? Could we get more gains with aftermarket?

Still that鈥檚 a substantial power bump. We won鈥檛 really know for sure until someone gets one in a car and tunes it.

Premium Member
Is that stock DP? Could we get more gains with aftermarket?

Still that鈥檚 a substantial power bump. We won鈥檛 really know for sure until someone gets one in a car and tunes it.
The more I look at this the more it looks like a replacement part and not an upgrade, assuming 15% driveline loss that 320 crank HP becomes 276 WHP, which a lot many STs get on their stock turbo. Is this supposed to be an upgrade...?

Registered
I cant tell from the flow chart, is the red supposed to be the oem turbo and the blue their new one? If so, there does seem to be a decent more head room in it vs the stocker. IF the price is right and it is a direct swap, still could be an ok option, better than going hybrid at least. again, just depends on the price and the gains

21 - 40 of 109 Posts