Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Stratified asking about any new info or plans for the drop-in from Garrett and they said; ”We do not, it was supposed to launch this June/July but now with the pandemic and delays they are thinking perhaps September. If you follow us on facebook we will release any new information there.”

Kinda disappointed, I not sure if I want the hassle of trying to fit a big turbo to this car, as there always seems to be something that doesn’t line up correctly ect...

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Thanks for the update...I can wait until sept 😬

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Thanks for the update...I can wait until sept 😬
So can I. Replacing the crappy stock snail wasn't on this year's schedule anyway.

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for checking on this...September!? Just enough time for people to buy it for Christmas, test it and work the kinks out. 🤔

Next year's tax refund has a new name. 🙌

·
1,787 Posts
Thanks for following up. Im glad they at least have an idea at this point in time.

The time extension is a little disappointing but you dont necessarily Have to change the turbo this year. For me it would be worth the wait. I had no plans to do anything like this year anyway but i wanted to keep tabs on this.

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
...my only concern is they are “thinking perhaps september”

that, to me means about as much as Jessica Alba saying she will “think perhaps”about going to dinner 😂

·
1,787 Posts
Thanks for the update. Has anyone emailed Garrett directy?
I emailed them about 6 months ago regarding their intercooler and never heard back (nothing in my spam folder either). So to that i say, good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was thinking about a garrett intercooler a few months ago, but went with esp.I am happy with esp.Saved $200. Kinda sounds like an ins. ad.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I mean if it’s truly drop-in then all we need is a way to buy the turbo and get the data for it. Right? I’d be curious if there is a distributor that already has them.

I’m assuming nobody knows the part number for it?

·
1,787 Posts
I mean if it’s truly drop-in then all we need is a way to buy the turbo and get the data for it. Right? I’d be curious if there is a distributor that already has them.

I’m assuming nobody knows the part number for it?
Not yet. Garrett doesnt list it in their catalog yet, I've checked periodically.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Not yet. Garrett doesnt list it in their catalog yet, I've checked periodically.
Damn, I won’t be holding my breath until this current global situation subsides at minimum. I’m sure it’s slowing down any potential progress.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Maybe we need to take a poll and direct them to the thread...I can bet theres at LEAST a dozen of us that would grab one the minute they drop, myself included 😉

1 - 20 of 112 Posts