Ford Focus ST Forum banner

221 - 240 of 637 Posts

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
Yes, everything. 100% bolt on.

Reactions: xafnyx

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,200 Posts
Will it come with any/all needed new bolts nuts/gaskets or will those need to be sourced?

ETA... Ya know, if I'd known this was coming so soon I may have put off the wmi install and just gone this route for the price... As it is I need another $900 or so saved up. ☹

Reactions: TurboGT

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
Will it come with any/all needed new bolts nuts/gaskets or will those need to be sourced?

ETA... Ya know, if I'd known this was coming so soon I may have put off the wmi install and just gone this route for the price... As it is I need another $900 or so saved up. ☹
Well, im going to assume no, so i plan to buy gaskets ahead of time. If it does come with them, then ill just have an extra set.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,200 Posts
Well, im going to assume no, so i plan to buy gaskets ahead of time. If it does come with them, then ill just have an extra set.
Maybe we should ask Chopper?

Reactions: G heinrich

·
3,397 Posts
Maybe we should ask Chopper?
He doesn't have them yet.

I said earlier, i was wrong about limit actually producing these turbos. Garrett forwarded me to Limit, apparently, because they must be one of the preferred Vendors that would likely get these turbos first.

So we shall see!

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
416 Posts
So how many of you guys are actually willing to purchase? He needs to know.
Please add me to the list.

Also, a week or so ago I used Youtube to stoke Alan @ Edge Autosports to prepare for this turbo, as it was my intention to use him for an etune as well. Hopefully that helps @TurboGT , since it sounds like that's the path you'll be taking =D This is pretty exciting!

Reactions: jwuonog

·
3,397 Posts
Please add me to the list.

Also, a week or so ago I used Youtube to stoke Alan @ Edge Autosports to prepare for this turbo, as it was my intention to use him for an etune as well. Hopefully that helps @TurboGT , since it sounds like that's the path you'll be taking =D This is pretty exciting!
Contact [email protected] to get added to the list for this turbo, he will let you know when they're in and can invoice you so you can get one!

I emailed Alan about it a month or so ago, so he's on board.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Awesome. Yeah email sent. Sounds like that one particular part where I might be willing to actually sell some stuff; if the Wife isn't onboard, haha.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Sorry if it’s been already said, but is there a known timeline for these units? Or is it still “when they’re available”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,499 Posts
Sorry if it’s been already said, but is there a known timeline for these units? Or is it still “when they’re available”

Check post #185 from 3 days ago.

Reactions: junits15

·
3,397 Posts
In the email i shared in post 190, he said they're supposed to be shipped (to him from Garrett) on the 17th. So however long they take to get to him, and however long he takes to turn around and sell to us.

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I believe I’m going to wait until I see some feedback from folks when they run these for a while. The only thing that concerns me is weather I’d be able to do the install myself. I’m not getting any younger (49), and it about killed me just doing my dp by myself. That was 4 years ago!

·
3,397 Posts
I believe I’m going to wait until I see some feedback from folks when they run these for a while. The only thing that concerns me is weather I’d be able to do the install myself. I’m not getting any younger (49), and it about killed me just doing my dp by myself. That was 4 years ago!
If you give yourself enough time, you shouldnt have much problem. Is the focus your only car?

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Put out a post for locals to help out. Buy em a beer and a snack lunch. Most people near me will help out for that. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Looks like Monday is when the specs will be released

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Doing some looking at the other drop-in turbos that Garett sells, it appears they base the kit around a pre existing turbo, assuming it’s not some weird off the wall unit, once we have the specs we can get a good idea of how this will actually perform IRL

·
3,397 Posts
Where did you see that specs will be released monday?

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Vendor
590 Posts
Doing some looking at the other drop-in turbos that Garett sells, it appears they base the kit around a pre existing turbo, assuming it’s not some weird off the wall unit, once we have the specs we can get a good idea of how this will actually perform IRL

keep your atp 2867r

221 - 240 of 637 Posts