Ford Focus ST Forum banner

201 - 220 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
That price range is super appealing. I will definitely be considering one of these bad boys once we see some results. Thanks for all the detective work man.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Reached out to my favorite performance parts shop in Canada. @RaptorRacing
They are looking into this for us canadian users.
They saw this turbo at sema in 2019. They were impressed. They seem to remember 400whp as the mark they were talking about at sema.
Seems like a solid number to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
Reached out to my favorite performance parts shop in Canada. @RaptorRacing
They are looking into this for us canadian users.
They saw this turbo at sema in 2019. They were impressed. They seem to remember 400whp as the mark they were talking about at sema.
Seems like a solid number to me.
I would guess 325 or so to the wheels, a bit more with e30; just my guess though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would guess 325 or so to the wheels, a bit more with e30; just my guess though.
Well, thats still a step up for us guys that dont want to have to spend all the coin on everything going BT involves.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
Wow! This is really great news. I just might jump on this one.
So Bill replied to my question of where to buy, i guess they are selling the powermaxes directly, i misunderstood that earlier. Limit engineering doesnt have an online store though, you'll have to call or email them to place the order.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know this is a guess on your part but were you thinking of this kind of post stock with a tune or like FBO upgrade path exhausted? 325 peak seems less attractive but without a graph hard to think anything.

I emailed them too a while back, interested to see what kind of power gets put down

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
I know this is a guess on your part but were you thinking of this kind of post stock with a tune or like FBO upgrade path exhausted? 325 peak seems less attractive but without a graph hard to think anything.

I emailed them too a while back, interested to see what kind of power gets put down
Considering typical stage 3 is around 270 with a power nosedive as the rpms climb, 325 with a powerband that carries out much farther would be great! But, i will find out for sure when that time comes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I’m still interested but the E30 Monster tune has satisfied me for now. Waiting to see the new 400 hp STI also.

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
747 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
So I've been out of the loop on this Power Max turbo. Is it a complete turbo? Or is it like a drop in cartridge and you use your stock turbo housing? Also I'll still use my turbo smart bov, downpipe and such?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
747 Posts
So I've been out of the loop on this Power Max turbo. Is it a complete turbo? Or is it like a drop in cartridge and you use your stock turbo housing? Also I'll still use my turbo smart bov, downpipe and such?
Yes

·
3,397 Posts
Yes what?
It is a complete turbo, designed from the ground-up. Not a hybrid, but i expect more reliability and better exhaust housing characteristics (Less drive pressure, large AR for more flow) than a hybrid.

Reactions: xafnyx

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It is a complete turbo, designed from the ground-up. Not a hybrid, but i expect more reliability and better exhaust housing characteristics (Less drive pressure, large AR for more flow) than a hybrid.
And I'll be able to retain all of my previous boltons like downpipe blow off valve and everything?

201 - 220 of 637 Posts