601 - 620 of 686 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
665 Posts
You feelin 350 whp?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,507 Posts
They say up to 350 flywheel.

It's been extremely hot and humid Since the wick started to get turned up on this thing, so definitely not now. Its running really good though

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,507 Posts
Maybe I missed it….anyone took any measurement of exhaust wheel ?
You did miss it, i tagged you. Doing a comparative measurement off of a wire i held next to the exducer Of the turbine, was 38mm, which by the eyeball is the same diameter as stock. the wheel is very different though. the Powermax wheel is much taller and actually protrudes from the housing some.

·
Registered
563 Posts
So this is definitely a contender for me but are any of you running the stock downpipe? I still have to purchase an AP so with all three (AP + tune, DP, Turbo) I'd be a $3k touch when all is said and done.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
So this is definitely a contender for me but are any of you running the stock downpipe? I still have to purchase an AP so with all three (AP + tune, DP, Turbo) I'd be a $3k touch when all is said and done.
3k for 60whp and 120 wtq on pump gas is a bargain. Think back to the days of old, paying 3k for a head/cam package to gain 30 to 40hp

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
563 Posts
3k for 60whp and 120 wtq on pump gas is a bargain. Think back to the days of old, paying 3k for a head/cam package to gain 30 to 40hp
I get it from a cost/benefit ratio; I'm just don't know what the implications of running the stock DP on the Powermax would be. I'm not looking for much beyond 300 whp and if I don't have to replace the dp it's money I can put elsewhere,

·
Registered
148 Posts
I get it from a cost/benefit ratio; I'm just don't know what the implications of running the stock DP on the Powermax would be. I'm not looking for much beyond 300 whp and if I don't have to replace the dp it's money I can put elsewhere,
And being Canadian everything costs us more after dollar conversion and shipping. A couple years ago CJ Pony Parts was selling the Accelatec catted downpipe for I think it was $320us, ended up around $500 cad to my door, not bad, but yea still $500.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
There's A member here running a 2867 with stock downpipe. It can be done but horsepower is severely limited.

·
Registered
563 Posts
OK, so I should factor in a catted downpipe into my calculations then as I still want to be emissions legal. Since I have the groundwork done other than the dp I may just order an AP and tune, then save my pennies for the turbo and downpipe and do them at the same time. Or win the lottery.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
665 Posts
OK, so I should factor in a catted downpipe into my calculations then as I still want to be emissions legal. Since I have the groundwork done other than the dp I may just order an AP and tune, then save my pennies for the turbo and downpipe and do them at the same time. Or win the lottery.
I'm running hybrid turbo with modified stock downpipe. Seems happy enough.
I paid my neighbor $100 to weld it up. That's always an option if you know welders.
I nibbled out the restrictive lead in bottleneck and had him weld some elbow pipe in to permit a less restrictive path to the cat. stock 50 state emissions and is cheaper than catted downpipe. sounds like a catted DP though.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
The TS-0622-8072 is for 2015 Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost, it has the same dimensions and is a 7 PSI, like the stock Focus ST. Decisions, decisions, go 7 or 10 PSI.
Considering the Garrett WGA has a crack pressure of 7psi installed (at whatever preload they install it at) and the Turbosmart 7psi ST unit cracks at 8psi unloaded, I'd stick with the 7. The Garrett unit has no problem holding boost, its just got that annoying boost dip after inital tip-in.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
191 Posts
Considering the Garrett WGA has a crack pressure of 7psi installed (at whatever preload they install it at) and the Turbosmart 7psi ST unit cracks at 8psi unloaded, I'd stick with the 7. The Garrett unit has no problem holding boost, its just got that annoying boost dip after inital tip-in.
I'll order that Mustang 7 PSI, is a direct fit, no modifications, since my TS for ST was lost on delivery. I think that is the unit off the shelf Garrett is using.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
The springs are easy to change out

601 - 620 of 686 Posts