Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just ordered CXRacing coilovers and want to lower my focus about 1.5' and I want my wheels more flush with the wells but I don't want my wheels to rub. I saw some threads about the 20mm/20mm ones and people are saying that they don't rub but I want the aggressive look of the 25mm. Has anyone installed the 25mm all around and do they rub at all? Any feedback would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
That will definitely rub up front, especially with softer spring rates. What do the CXRacing coils use? The rear could be made okay if the springs are stiff enough.

I am around that low with very stiff springs in the front, 550lb/in. I have ET25 18x8 wheels (5mm more outboard that you will be) on much smaller 225/40/18 PSS rubber. I get rubs on moderate dips in the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. To answer your question its, Front is 10kg and rear is 5kg rating. So I think the rear might be a little soft. I'm probably not gonna go with 25mm all around but still thinking of 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear. Any suggestions? Maybe just go 20mm all around??

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have 15mm front spacers and 20mm rear spacers with Eibach Sportline Springs. The car lowered about as much as you want, but if you don't have a '13, you are gonna have to replace more than the springs to fit them. Anyways, I really am pleased with my spacer choice because the front kind of aligns the tire with the side of the body, giving it a more flush look. Doesn't rub at all. I have 20mm on the rear and they kind of have that aggressive look in the back. They sort of look like they are flush, but kinda stick out at the bottom. Lemme know if you want to see and I can take some pics to show you with the right angles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would definitely love to see some pics if you don't mind. I just wanna see how flush the front and rear look with the wheel well. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Thanks for responding. To answer your question its, Front is 10kg and rear is 5kg rating. So I think the rear might be a little soft. I'm probably not gonna go with 25mm all around but still thinking of 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear. Any suggestions? Maybe just go 20mm all around??
Wow, that is incredibly soft out back. You want a stiffer spring in the back than the front when you take into account the motion ratio of the rear suspension. 550lb front and 280lb rear is going to make the car plow something awful and the front is STIFF. If you can have them run different rates, have them go something like 7kg front and 8kg rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that is incredibly soft out back. You want a stiffer spring in the back than the front when you take into account the motion ratio of the rear suspension. 550lb front and 280lb rear is going to make the car plow something awful and the front is STIFF. If you can have them run different rates, have them go something like 7kg front and 8kg rear.
Yeah it does seem a soft in the rear but I got them for a really good price so I might see how they work

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts