Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a gap here as described in title:

door gap.jpg

It's a brand new 2017 Focus ST with 500 miles on it. Is it normal, and if so why is there a gap here?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2013 and no - no gap. The molding looks a little rough along the bottom edge. Wonder if it's a defect.

Look under the rocker panel and see if it looks like anything is damaged. To me that looks similar to what would happen if someone tried to jack the car up by the rocker vs the pinch weld under the car.

How is the fit on the rest of the part?

·
Registered
825 Posts
One should look over the car one is planning to purchase with a fine tooth comb. And note any 'fit and finish' defects BEFORE buying the car.
Usually the dealership will jump through hoops to get you to sign.After you have taken the car off the lot?
Hah hah ha...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2013 and no - no gap. The molding looks a little rough along the bottom edge. Wonder if it's a defect.

Look under the rocker panel and see if it looks like anything is damaged. To me that looks similar to what would happen if someone tried to jack the car up by the rocker vs the pinch weld under the car.

How is the fit on the rest of the part?
Everything else looks fine and flush except for this part at the very end, that's why I was curious.
It's the same for the left side too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone take a peek at their 2015-18 STs and report if the same gap is present? I'd appreciate it.
It looks like Ford forgot to glue the part at the end or something, it's really pretty shoddy looking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone take a peek at their 2015-18 STs and report if the same gap is present? I'd appreciate it.
It looks like Ford forgot to glue the part at the end or something, it's really pretty shoddy looking.
I took a look at my '15 and also have a slight gap on both sides... But not as much as your picture.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a gap there on the end of the rocker molding on every Focus I’ve ever worked on including mine and my fiances. I’m not sure there is much someone can do there are spots molded into the molding for the clip and a hole in the actual rocker under the molding it wouldn’t be able to fit any differently I would imagine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah I am guessing it's just a minor molding issue on that part. I rechecked mine last night and it's fairly flush but there is a SLIGHT gap where it meets. My car is black so it's not as obvious. It is a smaller gap but I wouldn't be concerned about it. Everything else lines up so I wouldn't be concerned from a standpoint of something being damaged.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Noticed a gap here as described in title:

View attachment 305434

It's a brand new 2017 Focus ST with 500 miles on it. Is it normal, and if so why is there a gap here?
No gap on either side of my 2017. It’s prob just held in with clips. Maybe you can just pop it in place. Mine fit very tight in that area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts