Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure when this happened but I noticed it today. Does anyone know if this is "normal" or is there a way I can fix it? 2016 Focus St3

The other side is nice and tight.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,377 Posts
You can see the piece thats misplaced causing the gap. Its either been that way the whole time since assembly or happened when it was apart for warranty work. I'd guess that's one of the plastic clips that missed its mark and got bent over while the panel was being reinstalled.

Pop the bezel off and youll probably see exactly what is going on.

If you dont have any interior tools, i HIGHLY recommend what's called a "skin wedge" as it does the least amount of damage to surrounding panels when popping them apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can see the piece thats misplaced causing the gap. Its either been that way the whole time since assembly or happened when it was apart for warranty work. I'd guess that's one of the plastic clips that missed its mark and got bent over while the panel was being reinstalled.

Pop the bezel off and youll probably see exactly what is going on.

If you dont have any interior tools, i HIGHLY recommend what's called a "skin wedge" as it does the least amount of damage to surrounding panels when popping them apart.
Thanks, I will try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts