Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I did share some information regarding my recent oil sample analysis from Blackstone Labs...

This is my First oil analysis on this car

Some facts/notes:
  • the car is a daily driver
  • once i start the car > I drive, I do not wait for the oil to come up to temp. Obviously I wait for a little while (30 secs) once the oil starts circulating and then drive off
  • once driving the RPM's stay less then 3000 until the oil temp needle sits somewhere near the center, OR I am 20 to 30 mins into a drive (I also try RELIGIOUSLY, probably 90% of the time, to not induce the turbo during this, but at times it gets tricky depending on merging/lane change etc)
  • Once oil is up to temp (see above) the car 4/7 days a week will see redline pulls upto 7000~7500 rpm (in 3rd gear) - more than once a day

With that being said here is the Blackstone Oil report on Shell Rotella 5w40 - this is the oil I have always run in my ST(s) - because I have heard nothing but good stuff about it.

NOTE - this sample did not see any track days, it was my oil flush right before the NJMP track weekend, so the analysis for that sample will come later

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I see it, try refreshing the page

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Am i missing something? I don't see the report.
What are you viewing the post on? It's an image right below his text.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Must be blocked at work, lol.
That was literally my next question. Hahaha I am the guy who blocked it here at my bank for everyone except an exception for myself. If it isn't on the exception list you aren't loading certain images on most websites.

Reactions: D1SN

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ive used Blackstone since 2000 on burned cars that I was investigating for insurance companies. Don't hesitate to use them. I just got mine for my 2012 Focus before I traded it in.

Reactions: blanchimont

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive used Blackstone since 2000 on burned cars that I was investigating for insurance companies. Don't hesitate to use them. I just got mine for my 2012 Focus before I traded it in.
Couldn't agree more - use them, and see how much more life you can get out of your oil, rather then just following the manufacturers oil-change intervals. It definitely saves you an oil change per year and helps you understand how much more life the fluid still has remaining!

·
Registered
101 Posts
You would be amazed at what they can tell you about the engine of a car thats burned beyond belief as long as it has a few CCs of oil in the pan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts