Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently bought a '16 Focus ST, and as of now it's bone stock. Can't let it sit that way for long. Current plans for it are as follows:
- Borla 2.5" Catback exhaust system
- Wheels (possibly BBS or Konig are what I'm looking at)
- Window Tint
- Mudflaps
- Rear engine mount
- Coils..? Needs more low

Also, would I be able to run something like 275/30/r19's? Looking into some fatter tires.

What upgrades would you guys recommend? Lemme know!

StockBitch.JPG

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I would not go 19s... the cost of tires is insane but they ride so bad and you get no extra performance

I recommend doing your research. I have taken my car to stage 3 twice. because I wasn't happy the first time around, the parts were cheap and it wasn't nice to daily. I drive ALOT

- Borla 2.5" Catback exhaust system
if you ever plan to go BT then just get 3" now. otherwise the Borla has good sound
- Wheels
Find light weight 18s that you like and put on 245s
- Window Tint
a must
- Mudflaps
ZL1 flaps... I don't like the big flappers
- Rear engine mount
CPE stage 2.... worth it, just don't get the COBB mount
- Coils..? Needs more low
I am still researching but think I will be going with ST Suspension

·
Registered
344 Posts
On stock turbo levels of power you don't want to go 275's. This would just slow down the car.

It really depends on what you want out of the car and what budget you have. By the looks of your list you are after more cosmetic changes rather than performance.

For this I would look at some of the carbon fibre bits with your colour. I recon a carbon fibre hood and spoiler with that colour would look amazing! Obviously your usual wheel upgrade and what not too.

If you want to go in the performance direction then coilovers, mounts, intercooler, tuner(accessport, SCT etc.) and downpipe. If you want to add to the fun factor a big turbo kit changes the car immensely for the better (in my opinion). If you were to go this option and you currently have no mods (as you do) then I would personally look into the EFR kits. If you want to mod first then go this direction ATP kits are where it is at.

It all depends on your taste and budget. You could spend from $10 - $50k modding an ST. I have a mate with the old ST (ST225) who has spend over 30k alone on the engine (built by a racing company and warrantied for 1000hp). If you let us know your budget and main goals it's easier to help guide you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts