Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 OW ST3 basically stock.... minus the Steeda Fusion FMIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I had a question about Intercoolers. I have a Steeda FMIC off a 2.0 Fusion laying around. I was curious if anyone has tried stuffing one of those on an ST?? I have no idea if it'll fit but I'll probably give it a try and post updates as I experiment lol. If anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate the feedback!
Road surface Asphalt Plant Waste container Font

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Look it up on Steeda's website and see if the two part numbers are the same, but looks like the mounting tabs are missing.

Reactions: Fordguy3745

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
375 Posts
You could probably zip tie it up for tentative mounting, and just use large hose clamps to mount it to the crash bar. Intercooler piping should be flexible enough to fit, only concern after that is whether the pressure sensor plugs in and works properly lol.
I think it could be done, definitely post up your results!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could probably zip tie it up for tentative mounting, and just use large hose clamps to mount it to the crash bar. Intercooler piping should be flexible enough to fit, only concern after that is whether the pressure sensor plugs in and works properly lol.
I think it could be done, definitely post up your results!
Will do!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update:
Welp took the bumper off to discover I bought a demoded car🙁 and it had the factory intercooler reinstalled w/ zipties. Aaaand the mounting points were broken off.
On a positive note the Fusion intercooler fits, though it is slightly more narrow than that of the Focus Although obviously the mounting doesn't line up w/ the factory points.
Soooooo zip ties it is!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Tread Wheel

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Interesting. The height of the Steeda intercooler is the same as the Vortech, which might mean that the AGS could fit for those of us that autocross and want to stay compliant in STH... @gemery

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
253 Posts
For gits and shrins I had looked at rockaudio, the part number for OEM unit is 1 number higher (last digit) for the IC on Fusion and Focus. As already mentioned, the fusion one does not have the stock focus mounts and differs but clearly will physically fit (y)

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
375 Posts
Just beware that the temptation to turn temporary fixes into permanent ones is very real. All it requires is for you to forget about it, until something goes wrong lol.

How about how it functions? You're not popping any codes and are holding boost?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just beware that the temptation to turn temporary fixes into permanent ones is very real. All it requires is for you to forget about it, until something goes wrong lol.

How about how it functions? You're not popping any codes and are holding boost?
Very true! I'll have to come up with a couple little brackets when I have more time.

It seems to function fine, I took her out and dropped the hammer a few times! She seems to run and hold boost just fine w/ no check engine light! I'll have to check my IATs when I get a chance

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I'm interested in seeing Charge Air Temps. Got a friend looking to buy my car for AutoX when I get my GRC that would love to revert to STH class. If this lets you keep AGS, it's far less expensive than the Vortech alternative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts