Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed intercooler on my fusion last night and I deleted the grill shutters and shroud just because i preferred the cleaner look (yes I know they direct airflow), and I was left with 2 plugs after putting the bumper on. I didn't even think twice about a sensor for temperature being on the bumper, well my fusion thinks it's always 50 degrees and that's a problem with automated climate control. I pulled my shroud from my apartment complex dumpster which was fun and I found the sensor which is housed in the shroud. I do not wish to keep the shroud so how do I utilize the sensor with out the shroud containing the ags system?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Sorry cant help but in for info on the Fusion. Been really considering buying a 2.0 AWD Fusion SE and putting a BT 2.3 stroker in it

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry cant help but in for info on the Fusion. Been really considering buying a 2.0 AWD Fusion SE and putting a BT 2.3 stroker in it
i guess maybe i'll just remove it from the shroud and leave it hang down. it doesn't need to be super accruate, just don't want it reading 50 in the summer and having auto climate turn on the heat. I started the car remotely and it's 101 outside here in satx and the car had the heat on inside I was like wtf. lol It defaults to 50 with no sensor reading.

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
i guess maybe i'll just remove it from the shroud and leave it hang down. it doesn't need to be super accruate, just don't want it reading 50 in the summer and having auto climate turn on the heat. I started the car remotely and it's 101 outside here in satx and the car had the heat on inside I was like wtf. lol It defaults to 50 with no sensor reading.
As Dan00Hawk stated, ty-wrap that bad boy somewhere. Preferably away from the rad, or other hot components, for a better reading. Maybe in the wheel well by the ecu, depending on it's reach, you may have to extend the wires.

Or you can just say **** it and slap it wherever you can just for some reading, and to gain back your CC, lol.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
just mount it somewhere that's going to get good airflow through either the upper or lower grille, ideally, you will want it far enough forward from either the radiator or intercooler so that heat radiating from them while not moving doesn't effect the reading too much.

to the top of that crash bar would be fine, might have to space it up a little depending on where it lines up with the opening in the grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts