Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks so much better when painted to the color of the car! Didn't really care for those vents before but they look so much better when color matched.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks so much better when painted to the color of the car! Didn't really care for those vents before but they look so much better when color matched.
I got a Duplicolor Match on Amazon that came with OW paint, primer, and a clear coat. Rob had his powered coated to match his stripes better

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kevin,
Couple of questions.
How long did it take to install the vents?
Did you see any improvement on track?
While up to this point I have been unable to run 20 min at laguna due to brakes issues, I still managed to run Temps up high enough that power has been pulled.
I now have a BBK and want to start addressing engine Temps.
No luck on oil cooler (tried contacting boss csf) and not sure if a bigger radiator will do much seeing as it appears that moving air through small opening is the #1 issue. Hence the vents have moved up in priority.
Not sure that I want to cut into my own hood... So weighing potions of CF hood, vs the velox vents installed by a shop.
Thoughts, opinions?

CrashMW

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Kevin,
Couple of questions.
How long did it take to install the vents?
Did you see any improvement on track?
While up to this point I have been unable to run 20 min at laguna due to brakes issues, I still managed to run Temps up high enough that power has been pulled.
I now have a BBK and want to start addressing engine Temps.
No luck on oil cooler (tried contacting boss csf) and not sure if a bigger radiator will do much seeing as it appears that moving air through small opening is the #1 issue. Hence the vents have moved up in priority.
Not sure that I want to cut into my own hood... So weighing potions of CF hood, vs the velox vents installed by a shop.
Thoughts, opinions?

CrashMW
the problem is not so much getting air through a small hole but getting that heated air out of the engine bay and this will allow that. that being said the mountune csf radiator holds more fluid, has a larger surface area being a tad thicker and it’s a triple pass radiator so the coolant has to travel the entire radiator to exit. have you invested some time into making some shrouding so the air is funneled through the radiator instead of around? an oil cooler fits into this shroud nicely... 32B28781-A4F6-478D-8BB6-743E8AE6F69D.jpeg . this will help cooling. i’ll be doing the hood vents as well and should be able to run at 10/10 on track for 20 minutes in the heat of summer.

Reactions: oldloudmouth

·
Registered
414 Posts
yeah that was last summer i had blown the motor so i had the sp63 2.3 stroker built. 49A49C51-7517-4B85-ADB3-58E70A8CDA71.jpeg F0F2589E-C855-4533-BF60-FD92A896BD47.jpeg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Was the front bar a simple 4 bolt affair?
Do you know if TB has a solution for tow hook? That looks very tempting...

CrashMW

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I installed MK2 RS vents a couple of years ago.
These are the same vents I decided to go with and am getting ready to install them. how exactly did you secure the vents to the hood? the ones I got don't have any way of fastening them down.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I used the good stuff--3M #06384 tape with 3M #94 primer on both surfaces. I'm getting ready to swap my color-matched ones with some gloss black ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts