Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the stratified 4 port aux fuel and some other goodies this spring when it warms up.I have a decision to make about going full e85,or just keep doing my 40% blend.I have been told the factory lpfp can flow enough to support up to 450whp running full e85,but not sure there is much to be gained power wise above a 50% blend.Thoughts 4 port aux fuel kit and ethanol gauge 002.JPG 4 port aux fuel kit and ethanol gauge 005.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installing the stratified 4 port aux fuel and some other goodies this spring when it warms up.I have a decision to make about going full e85,or just keep doing my 40% blend.I have been told the factory lpfp can flow enough to support up to 450whp running full e85,but not sure there is much to be gained power wise above a 50% blend.Thoughts View attachment 219449 View attachment 219457
Didn't think you could run straight e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You could run straight e85 if octane is limiting you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'd go full E85 just for ease of fueling and for extra knock protection. Plus if your happy staying under 450whp why not just use a better fuel

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd go full E85 just for ease of fueling and for extra knock protection. Plus if your happy staying under 450whp why not just use a better fuel

Right now more than happy staying under 450whp since still on factory motor,plus turbo will only flow enough for low 400's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts