Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys its been a while since I have been here but helping out a friend and trying to find the culprit why the car is not reaching target AFR's when shifting gears. So I have come here to brainstorm with you guys since its a car that has been plagued by a lot of issues. Had its original engine take a dump about 27K in due to a spun bearing. Entire engine was replaced with a new longblock.

datazap.me | jester04 | Alex fueling issues

The car is nerfed right now until we can figure out the issue, The most important monitors right now that I am looking at are:
commanded EQ
desired AFR
actual AFR
Fuel source Enum

so symptoms of the car are lean conditions when shifting gears quickly to get logs for multiple gears.

If the car just goes wot for a single gear there is no problem getting to desired afr.

If you do a pass in the car for a couple of gears but you don't shift quickly the car meets the target afr but you have to take your time before going wot again (granny shift and then go wot normal and the car meets target). I have noticed that the fueling source goes all over the place when shifting quickly jumping from fueling source 5 which is power demand to Fuel source 9,255,0,4 in that order and then it goes back to Fuel source 5 after staying on it and then it meets target halfway through the gear.

We have tried talking to cobb to figure out the fuel source logic see if they would send us some info on the logic for how it targets the different fuel sources but they have been less than helpful. And their answer was literally we won't offer support.Any help is appreciated to figure this stuff out so we can get the car running. This is present on a custom tune or even on the cobb OTS maps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It has been a while, but did you check power demand delay? It moves towards target very linearly so I would guess this is the culprit. Try removing power demand delay, or adjusting the delayed power demand tables fuel targets to match what you want.
Also you can increase the power demand blending rate value, this will move you to target faster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts