Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my in-tank electric fuel pump replaced to the tune of $500! My warranty booklet says
powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles. My car is 4 months short of 5 years and has only
29,000 miles. What is the real scoop on Ford's warranty?

·
Registered
457 Posts
powertrain warranty is engine and transmission and that about it all the rest fall under the bumper to bumper warranty of 3 years or 36,000 miles

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your warranty different? Here's what it says for mine:

1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or
60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to
the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads,
electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts,
flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts,
oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing,
timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt),
turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

Notice it says "electrical fuel pump" as being covered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go and get you money back, you should be covered under powertrain warranty. If they give you any issues, send Ford's corporate customer service an email. They're actually pretty helpful at times.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've never had to deal with any warranty issues but if you're under the miles, under the time, and the part is specifically called out in your warranty booklet then I'd definitely say, yeah you're covered. Bring it up with the dealer and show them that info, or call Ford about it.

BUT, a dealership or manufacturer can require you to have warranty work done at a dealership or certain independent shops that they have to specify. Did you get this done at a dealership?? If you did I'd say you should be covered. If you didn't, you might be out of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts