Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Would someone be able to diagnose the engine ticking sound in my video. When I got in today, I noticed it and haven't before. I know the fuel injectors are loud on this car, but I didn't think they were that loud. Would someone be able to diagnose if this is engine knock or fuel injectors working?

Apologies for the poor sound quality, it was my galaxy

Thanks,
John

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Wasn't able to use headphones but it sounds to me like the normal loud ass sewing machine that our DI cars tend to sound like. Maybe somebody with headphones or a better set of speakers can hear something I don't...

Also just to make sure, when you were not noticing it as much, was the engine cover on and now it's off? When it's on it will muffle that noise a little bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
+1 That’s definitely the high pressure fuel pump and the injectors making all that noise. Totally normal. I can’t even tell you how many times my friends get into my RS and ask me why my brand new car is making rod knock noises -__- Then they go and say it’s because I drive a Ford. Got to love your friends!

Reactions: jjc034 and oVrKiLL

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 That’s definitely the high pressure fuel pump and the injectors making all that noise. Totally normal. I can’t even tell you how many times my friends get into my RS and ask me why my brand new car is making rod knock noises -__- Then they go and say it’s because I drive a Ford. Got to love your friends!
Thank you! I got a "loose rock in your crankcase" today haha

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't able to use headphones but it sounds to me like the normal loud ass sewing machine that our DI cars tend to sound like. Maybe somebody with headphones or a better set of speakers can hear something I don't...

Also just to make sure, when you were not noticing it as much, was the engine cover on and now it's off? When it's on it will muffle that noise a little bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
No, I always run with it off. Maybe it gets louder when it's cold. Idk. But I'm glad to know nothing weird is happening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts