·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sorry we delayed this too long:( trying to make a custom fit cooler with brackets but ran into too many different intercooler setups on all the ST's. This universal kit can be adapted to fit many different configurations. Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow! That's a killer killer price!!

Reactions: FSWerks1

·
Registered
737 Posts
Amazing price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I agree that here is something that people can use & not feel like they're paying too much. Good deal!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed. It looks like a Autozone in-stock shelf-unit Hayden transmission cooler kit (MRSP $50?) plus a sandwich adapter. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist and there is something I'm missing here that makes this a smarter choice?

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! sorry to hear that :sad: This oil cooler kit offered at $199.95 does not use any parts like from Autozone or hayden. It includes our CNC machined aluminum sandwich adapter, high quality 400 psi rubber hose, German made Norma hose clamps and a low profile aluminum radiator. All components are made in USA or North America. Thank you
Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed. It looks like a Autozone in-stock shelf-unit Hayden transmission cooler kit (MRSP $50?) plus a sandwich adapter. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist and there is something I'm missing here that makes this a smarter choice?

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, we do ship to Australia :) You can add the item to the shopping cart and obtain a shipping quote based on your territory and postal code. Thank you
Well looks like next pay I will be getting an oil cooler, just in time for the buildup to our summer. Do you ship to Australia?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow! sorry to hear that :sad: This oil cooler kit offered at $199.95 does not use any parts like from Autozone or hayden. It includes our CNC machined aluminum sandwich adapter, high quality 400 psi rubber hose, German made Norma hose clamps and a low profile aluminum radiator. All components are made in USA or North America. Thank you
Really? Because those specs pretty much match this B&M Trans Cooler (as well as Hayden, Imperial, etc. that we all know are built in the same factory and just branded differently) for $99.95 and you're including a sandwich plate.
Pictures look surprisingly close too.

B&M 70264 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler 14400 BTU 11 x 5.75 x 1.5" | eBay

Not saying that there is anything wrong with the build quality of any of the brands I've mentioned above, but you're kinda trying to pass it off it seems like there was some extensive R&D here done by your company to make this work and its an exclusive kit through FSWerks.

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have mistaken an automatic trans cooler kit with our oil cooler kit. They are not the same type of core, size and fittings. Just because they look similar they are not pretty much the same.

but you're kinda trying to pass it off it seems like there was some extensive R&D here done by your company to make this work and its an exclusive kit through FSWerks.
Not really! please don't read between the lines. Our effort was to make an oil cooler kit with custom brackets for a direct fit but ran into issues with all the different intercooler kits on the market that would get in the way so we decided to go this direction. I realize this is not for everyone :D
Thank you

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can you explain the warming version a little for us? It can get -40 here in Canada, am I able to run to heated version in the winter but not have it heated the summer?

·
Vendor
144 Posts
Can you explain the warming version a little for us? It can get -40 here in Canada, am I able to run to heated version in the winter but not have it heated the summer?
The (standard) non thermostatic version simply flows oil all the time at full engine oil pressure through the oil cooler and lines, etc. This can take longer to get the engine up to operating temperatures especially when it's cold out.
The thermostatic version has a thermostat built into the sandwich adapter which regulates the oil flow depending on temperature, essentially allowing the car to warm up more quickly closer to how the car would in stock form.

If you live in an area which experiences cold temperatures like 30 degrees Fahrenheit or lower I'd recommend the thermostatic version. If it's above those temperatures the standard non thermostatic version is fine. Keep in mind both will have the same performance benefits once at operating temperatures.

Thanks,
Vik

·
Registered
565 Posts
What temperature does the thermostat open at? And how much hose do y'all include? And how much more oil do we need to add to the engine? These would be nice things to put on the website. And do y'all have a picture of one installed to see how it would look? Doesn't have to be anywhere specific but gives people an idea of what to expect.

Hopefully I can buy one of these sometime soon, would be really nice to have.

·
Vendor
144 Posts
What temperature does the thermostat open at? And how much hose do y'all include? And how much more oil do we need to add to the engine? These would be nice things to put on the website. And do y'all have a picture of one installed to see how it would look? Doesn't have to be anywhere specific but gives people an idea of what to expect.

Hopefully I can buy one of these sometime soon, would be really nice to have.
Thermostat opens around 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
We include 10ft of 1/2" oil cooler hose.
Typically we add about half a quart of oil or less.

We will work on adding more info to the site soon, unfortunately we do not have any install images at this time but once we have a chance we will see if we can get some.

Thanks,
Vik

1 - 19 of 19 Posts