Ford Focus ST Forum banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a question for turbo tech about this trans mount. Are those washer things the actual poly bushings? And if so can i get my own bushings made from synthetic elastomer which combines noise reduction and stronger deflection properties at the same time? Because as flat as yours are i can reduce the noise they make greatly with a slightly thicker synthetic elastomer bushing shaped to fit your mount!

·
Registered
131 Posts
No those are steel washers, custom made, to retain the bushing which is in the round ring.
So can your bushing be removed in favor of a lower durometer bushing that wont transmit as much noise?

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Right now do you only have 2 upgraded mounts? If so you have an imbalanced setup and having all 3 should balance it out, as the one stock one you have left is moving a lot and causing extra movement causing the two upgraded mounts to try to stop it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have 2 mounts cpe stage 2 and your upper mount, I don't want to install them until i get the tranny mount. I know its gonna vibrate but what i don't want is the clunking that others are saying happens when the tranny mount is mounted. i figure if i put a slightly softer bushing then your oem i can get rid of the clunk and give up a little stiffness! It will be far better then the ford oem mount and hopefully no clunk!

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Obviously we cannot state to do this for liability reasons, we know what you mean. It would be a do at your own risk.

Personally install all 3, then do as you need, after they break in. You maybe suprised, and need nothing.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts